Adams/Schutt XV HDX chest protector

SeeingEyeDog
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1111 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

7 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I have not seen either. I’m thinking he wants new though.

I have a used one if the price is right. I bought a second CPU4000, but was going to keep the Schitts/Adams for extra hot days. But I'd consider selling it.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JimKirk said:

We have been told Mid-April.

Thanks.  Any idea if any improvements are being made to it or just a re-run of the current specs model?

They've been out at most places for awhile now, so I was beginning to wonder if it was being decommissioned.

11 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Thanks.  Any idea if any improvements are being made to it or just a re-run of the current specs model?

They've been out at most places for awhile now, so I was beginning to wonder if it was being decommissioned.

Good question.

The Schutt (and Adams) brands were bought out late last year, so I don’t expect any improvement plans right away to anything out of those lines umpire gear-wise and likely was the reason for the long, continuing delay in availability of anything that went out of stock.

Story here if interested: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201223005450/en/Innovatus-Capital-Partners-Acquires-the-Assets-of-Kranos-Corporation-including-Schutt-Brand

If it was no longer going to be available, we would not have kept it sitting there.

Thank for the question. Sorry it took a bit to reply.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JimKirk said:

Good question.

The Schutt (and Adams) brands were bought out late last year, so I don’t expect any improvement plans right away to anything out of those lines umpire gear-wise and likely was the reason for the long, continuing delay in availability of anything that went out of stock.

Story here if interested: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201223005450/en/Innovatus-Capital-Partners-Acquires-the-Assets-of-Kranos-Corporation-including-Schutt-Brand

If it was no longer going to be available, we would not have kept it sitting there.

Thank for the question. Sorry it took a bit to reply.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the information and response. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JimKirk said:

so I don’t expect any improvement plans right away to anything out of those lines umpire gear-wise...

Ahem. 

If Innovatus Capital Partners is shopping around for improvement plans, I'd nudge them towards, say @wolfe_man, @Razzer, and @MadMax

I'd include @BT_Blue (Arik), but he's wrapped up with being a CTD for All-Star. ;)

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, MadMax said:

I'd include @BT_Blue (Arik), but he's wrapped up with being a CTD for All-Star. ;)

Lol. Guilty... I really like the Cobalt! I do wish I had held on to my MaXV rather than trading away last summer. If I had known there would be a market for them I would have waited.