All-Star FM4000 Visor (it's coming!)

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 971 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, BT_Blue said:

@Mr Umplooks like i will only be able to lord my visor over you for a short time more. :rollinglaugh:

Ordered… should be on my mask by Wed…blue the only color offered.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Paint it.  If I get one it will be spray painted or painted somehow.  A blue visor on a black mask is.... ugh, not good IMO.

a blue visor on a black mask w/ gray pads is great when you still have to wear Navy! :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

a blue visor on a black mask w/ gray pads is great when you still have to wear Navy! :D 

Personal preference. To each their own, but all black mask with black pads looks silly to me with a tinted blue visor. 

Grey pads and blue visor is fine, navy pads with blue visor is fine - but not black on black IMHO. Again, personal prefence. YMMV

Smoke/silver matches everything.  I can only hope AS is getting these in soon also.  If not, I again call into question their product testing/marketing group's touch with reality. 

On 7/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, wolfe_man said:

Paint it.  If I get one it will be spray painted or painted somehow.  A blue visor on a black mask is.... ugh, not good IMO.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, wolfe_man said:

Not painting it. Just gonna roll with it as offered by AS

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 10:41 AM, wolfe_man said:

Personal preference. To each their own, but all black mask with black pads looks silly to me with a tinted blue visor. 

Grey pads and blue visor is fine, navy pads with blue visor is fine - but not black on black IMHO. Again, personal prefence. YMMV

Smoke/silver matches everything.  I can only hope AS is getting these in soon also.  If not, I again call into question their product testing/marketing group's touch with reality. 

Oh yeah? Wait until you see my black with doeskin with said blue visor...that will be silly.

But, I will be cool, if not "cool".

~Dawg

3 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

Oh yeah? Wait until you see my black with doeskin with said blue visor...that will be silly.

But, I will be cool, if not "cool".

~Dawg

I'm just disappointed in AS again. It's becoming a trend with them unfortunately.  First, the Cobalt CP wasn't up to my expectations after such an encouraging promo/start.  Then, the helmet just doesn't do it for me either. Finish is bad and just doesn't fit my head right - plus not sure I love the look.

Now,  I have loved the mag mask all along and AS did test out both a silver and a blue visor - but then they only bring a blue to market?!?!?!  I mean I get it that the product line is called Cobalt, but does the visor have to be that color too?

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I'm just disappointed in AS again. It's becoming a trend with them unfortunately.  First, the Cobalt CP wasn't up to my expectations after such an encouraging promo/start.  Then, the helmet just doesn't do it for me either. Finish is bad and just doesn't fit my head right - plus not sure I love the look.

Now,  I have loved the mag mask all along and AS did test out both a silver and a blue visor - but then they only bring a blue to market?!?!?!  I mean I get it that the product line is called Cobalt, but does the visor have to be that color too?

UPDATE: Well, unfortunately, it doesn't look like the smoke is going to come to fruition.   Sounds like the feedback from All-Star's retailers, Ump-Attire @JimKirk and others, the preference was blue.   

P.S.  Don't shoot the messenger!!!!!!!!  

7 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

UPDATE: Well, unfortunately, it doesn't look like the smoke is going to come to fruition.   Sounds like the feedback from All-Star's retailers, Ump-Attire @JimKirk and others, the preference was blue.   

Not for a lack of trying on my part. When @Matt Arcovio asked me my preference, I said "smoke."

4 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Not your fault…

but seriously All Star?  You can’t sell both in the marketplace when you’ve already had both made for testing? 🤯

• Like 3

I didn’t really realize how sweet these mask were until I bought one on Mad Max’s recommendation. I plan to get a black/black with additional tan pads for next season. Visor of course too l

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought two visors, but haven’t painted one black yet. I’m thinking it over…

I have 2 mags that are both black currently, but I'm seriously considering sending them both to Tony and getting a shiny silver one (brushed aluminum maybe) and a gunmetal one done.  Gunmetal would get these leather pads and the silver would get gray pads (navy during HS).

6CA7E8B1-BE2C-49E9-965D-0A5641F04627.jpeg

F102C278-199D-48C4-9A60-42B861FE1F30.jpeg

204FDAD8-43EA-4AD9-806D-EB5535B90FDF.jpeg

• Like 3

Can anyone please explain why the "wings" of this sunvisor were designed and built to extend OUTSIDE the mask frame? This thing is not going to last me beyond one season and I won't replace it when it breaks but, it's absolutely going to break when hit by a pitch.

$12 shipping on a $19 item is fairly outrageous, too...

~Dawg

7 minutes ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

Can anyone please explain why the "wings" of this sunvisor were designed and built to extend OUTSIDE the mask frame? This thing is not going to last me beyond one season and I won't replace it when it breaks but, it's absolutely going to break when hit by a pitch.

$12 shipping on a $19 item is fairly outrageous, too...

~Dawg

All Star tested them and says they won't break, so I'd go back to them if it does.

Order from AS directly for $9.99 S&H under $99 - then FREE if over that.   However, they're out of stock right now.

https://www.all-starsports.com/fm4000-mask-sun-visor.html