All-Star FM4000 Visor (it's coming!)

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 968 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

19 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

How hard do you need to hit it to get a MAG to dent like that?

Repeatedly. 

It's not the impact itself that's compromising the material, it's the repetitive, cyclical impacts (plural). That video has to be viewed in context (I'm not directing this at any of you, my fellow U-E brethren, but at the idiots folks on say, Facebook), otherwise, if you just watch the video devoid of that context, you'd think the mask will fail with one impact. That's All-Star testing it to the extreme breaking limit. 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, Thunderheads said:

and info has been verified by Brad at All-Star.

3 hours ago, bluetick48 said:

Just spoke to Stan from All-Star,

You know, through this and many other product insights from All-Star, I really hope Stan and Brad are on the same page... or at least going out to work lunch together on a weekly basis. 

On 2/25/2021 at 10:07 AM, Stk004 said:

It'll probably be another week then before he can brew up a response.

579W.gif

Brewed enough for ya?

21 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I hope they do several colors... or something along with the blue at least.

Ya know, with Force3 making a visor for their masks specifically, and now All-Star joining in to make a visor for their FM4K and FM5Ks, ya'd think – or at least hope – that other companies would follow along and make better visors and accessories (such as throat guards) for their masks! Like... I don't know... maybe Wilson?

4Zqi.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MadMax said:

You know, through this and many other product insights from All-Star, I really hope Stan and Brad are on the same page... or at least going out to work lunch together on a weekly basis. 

Ya know, with Force3 making a visor for their masks specifically, and now All-Star joining in to make a visor for their FM4K and FM5Ks, ya'd think – or at least hope – that other companies would follow along and make better visors and accessories (such as throat guards) for their masks! Like... I don't know... maybe Wilson?

4Zqi.gif

Always fun to read! :D 

Max, Brad is my contact ... but they are responsible for different things.  The visor was actually in Stan's side of the shop (confirmed by Brad also).    I'm sure they're talking all the time ... they are brothers working at the same family run business ;)

AND ......

There's the Wilson slam that we were all waiting for:rollinglaugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BT_Blue said:

are the ones where he speaks well of "the big yellow W."

They make good mask frames. Their pads are passable but pathetic. Diamond can thank the heavens that Wilson (finally) rolled out an aluminum mask, because at the premium price points that Wilson demand, they raised Diamond's prices by $20, without Diamond doing anything. 

Diamond's mask pads still suck. The basic ones are downright dangerous. 

You've got Louisville Slugger, DeMarini and EvoShield under your roof, and you still have the holy kiss of MLB of the logo, and you can't be bothered to even include the new CP harness – which you only developed after some guy in Canada (we know who, I'm just grandstanding for effect) has been doing them custom for over 15 years, and each of your rivals has produced their own new harness which your own users have been employing – on your CPs???!!!???!!! And you're still charging $200 for them??!!!

Pppfftttt. Pathetic. Get out of the game already.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 11:11 AM, MadMax said:

Repeatedly. 

It's not the impact itself that's compromising the material, it's the repetitive, cyclical impacts (plural). That video has to be viewed in context (I'm not directing this at any of you, my fellow U-E brethren, but at the idiots folks on say, Facebook), otherwise, if you just watch the video devoid of that context, you'd think the mask will fail with one impact. That's All-Star testing it to the extreme breaking limit. 

579W.gif

Brewed enough for ya?

4Zqi.gif

What is the FM5Ks?

4 hours ago, umpstu said:

What is the FM5Ks?

Obviously, All-Star breaks down their nomenclature like this:

• F - Face
  • M - Mask 
  • S - Sun
  • V - Visor 
  • C - Chest 
  • P - Protector 
  • U - Umpire

When they debuted the System 7 gear, it was centered around the CPU4000, the MVP4000 (I have only guesses what MVP stands for), and the FM4000. 

Of course, writing all those zeroes is tiresome, so it gets shortened to CPU4K or FM4K. 

Still with me?

All-Star debuts the Cobalt line of gear, centered around a new set of shins, a Skuly skullcap, and a new CP - the CPU5000. Conjunctively, they align their new Magnesium FM4K in with the rest of the Cobalt line… so, it could be a FM4000-Mag… but I postulate that it could also be a FM5000… or FM5K. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Obviously, All-Star breaks down their nomenclature like this:

• F - Face
  • M - Mask 
  • S - Sun
  • V - Visor 
  • C - Chest 
  • P - Protector 
  • U - Umpire

When they debuted the System 7 gear, it was centered around the CPU4000, the MVP4000 (I have only guesses what MVP stands for), and the FM4000. 

Of course, writing all those zeroes is tiresome, so it gets shortened to CPU4K or FM4K. 

Still with me?

All-Star debuts the Cobalt line of gear, centered around a new set of shins, a Skuly skullcap, and a new CP - the CPU5000. Conjunctively, they align their new Magnesium FM4K in with the rest of the Cobalt line… so, it could be a FM4000-Mag… but I postulate that it could also be a FM5000… or FM5K. 

No.  If the mask came out w/ all of the Cobalt stuff, then - maybe.  FM4K was out long before their Cobalt line of gear.   You're too progressive of a thinker @MadMax .... there IS some logic there, but you continue to confuse the casual 'gear whore' :rollinglaugh:

• Like 1