Crew How-To: UMPLIFE Flex Umpire Shin Guard Harness

JimKirk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 686 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I can vouch for these.  They make for a much more comfortable fit against your legs and especially under the back of the knee.

Same.

The only time I ever tried using shin guards without having on tights or knee-socks underneath, I said I'd never do it again. With these, I'm tempted to give it another shot when the weather gets hot. (I just got these late last year)

17 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

Same.

The only time I ever tried using shin guards without having on tights or knee-socks underneath, I said I'd never do it again. With these, I'm tempted to give it another shot when the weather gets hot. (I just got these late last year)

Lol and I may try leggings this year. Although, mine is more for modesty while changing than guards rubbing. I haven’t had issues with rubbing on bare legs, even in mid-90’s.

2 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I'm about to pull the trigger on an order.   Has anyone tried these on the Force 3?

Me! You'll have to keep the top strap from the F3, and replace the bottom three.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've taken you guys-es (do I sound native, @conbo61?) word for it, and I just ordered a set to pair up with my Force3s... The default straps have taken an exorbitant amount of punishment, and I was on the verge of ordering replacement straps. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

I've taken you guys-es (do I sound native, @conbo61?) word for it, and I just ordered a set to pair up with my Force3s... The default straps have taken an exorbitant amount of punishment, and I was on the verge of ordering replacement straps. 

Be sure to let us know what you think. I think they're worth the extra funds personally. 

On 2/11/2021 at 2:35 AM, MadMax said:

** sigh **

go with "youse guys"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

These were actually the throw in choice for me during Ray's Black Friday sale this past year. I knew I wanted the new CP harness for my Cobalt (or what ever I go with this year) and a Ubag. But I couldn't figure out what the 3rd thing should be. So I settled on a pair of these. Still yet to strap anything on cause.. covid. But looking forward to doing it when I get the chance.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I bought a set as the throw in piece from my Black Friday purchase (probably my last). I have yet to use them, as my Force3 shins never move or shift on me.

They may not move, but I can still attest that the Umplife straps are still *much* more comfortable than the stock ones.

• 1 month later...

This is how I strung my UmpLife RayFlex Shin Harnesses... 

First, here's the typical, recommended way: 

force3ults_w_rayflex_low.thumb.jpg.48fba9509e1e573d31c4154ee00fa40a.jpg

... but I didn't like how that was feeling, so I fiddled around and decided to restring them. BTW, yes, I'm aware that my shinguards are dusty and filthy. I keep them as clean as I can; it's those horrific plate circles, loaded with dust and dirt, that takes its toll on my shins and plate shoes. Ugh. 

force3ults_w_rayflex_paths.thumb.jpg.561cc1965e3dae217f81d4841596a1d6.jpg

The pink paths represent the RayFlex straps, while the yellow path is the default Force3 strap. In order to transplant the side release buckles, you'll have to slice the strap off the buckle to free the buckle. Make sure you keep one good strap per side. 

force3ults_w_rayflex_high.thumb.jpg.e8bbc7fc24cae3275c491424743cbcdf.jpg

Finished setup. This not only feels better, but doesn't slip or shift around at all while wearing. I can go a full 9 innings, and not even readjust my shinguards anymore.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

@MadMax  Thank you for that informative post. It helped me immensely with installing these on My F3 shin guards.  I have 2 pair now and I did this on my brand new pair thinking well the other straps are already adjusted and where I like them just leave them that way.

Then after cutting the clips off the straps on the new set I thought hmmm I should have done this to the old pair as those straps are probably getting worn down.  But meh I saved the new straps and cut off the cut of loops. If I need them they are spares now.

• Like 1