RODENT REPORT

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1067 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well, that darn rodent that everyone calls Punxsutawney Phil says 6 more weeks of winter.  GREAT!   That puts it 1 week before our HS season starts.  Looks like its time to run to Walmart and stock up on hand and feet warmers........

• Like 1

Always seemed backwards to me. 

If it's a nice sunny day he sees his shadow and goes back down his hole we get 6 more weeks of winter.  If it's a crummy cloudy day and he stays out winter is over.I

Then again, maybe it makes sense to a ground hog!

Of course, now that I live in Florida, I really don't care!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, catsbackr said:

There's no way Phil saw his shadow yesterday in Pennsylvania.  It was snowing all day!

I say we go with General Lee down here in the South.

Ditto for me here in Portland. Except it was rain and not snow  (You guys keep that crap on the east coast! We don't want it out here!)

That reminds me. I need to check on our weather guessing animal put here. What ever that may be.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 12:53 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Well, that darn rodent that everyone calls Punxsutawney Phil says 6 more weeks of winter.  GREAT!   That puts it 1 week before our HS season starts.  Looks like its time to run to Walmart and stock up on hand and feet warmers........

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077D3G25G

They're sold out right now. I hope I can find mine in the next 6 weeks. These are pretty great. One charge will last the game. If you have a DH, use one at a time. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:53 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Well, six weeks from Feb. 2 brings us to March 16, which is four days ahead of schedule for winter to end...I think that's a positive development.

• 3 months later...

This kinda ties in.

Game I had last week batter in the 4th inning was battling hard,  1-2 count and he had fouled off about 9 pitches,

On the 8th instead of saying "one ball, two strikes. Play!".  I stuck up the ole 1 2 and said "ground hog day, Play"

I got about half the parents on both sides laughing with that one.

32 minutes ago, maven said:

I don't get it.

He had a count of 1-2 and then kept fouling off pitches  each time I  thru in a ball and called 1 ball 2 strikes play,

So on the 8th time I said "ground hog day play"

if you have not seen the movie ground hog day you should