Retirement Sale: Convertible jacket, mask frames and pads

MAUmpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 898 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hi all, 

It's been a good run, but it's time for me to hang it up...I've successfully umpired my way through college (partially -- tuition is expensive), but this season I'll either be working or back in school depending on the success of my med school applications. Either way I don't think I can fit umpiring into my life for the foreseeable future, so it's time to get rid of some of the gear I've accumulated, and time for you to help out a hungry student!

I've tried to be reasonable with the prices and I'm happy to consider discounts for multiple items. Payment by Venmo or Paypal goods and services. Buyer pays shipping, please! I'm also located in Providence, RI and local pickup is strongly preferred if you happen to live around here. Unfortunately I can't deliver as I currently have no car!

I haven't done much posting on here but I have done a lot of reading and I have to credit this forum with any of the minor success I've had as an umpire. I've learned a lot from you all and I hope my gear can find a second life with some of you. 

Clothes

• Adams vertical stripe shirt, blue, M, worn <5 times -- $10 (sold)
  • Smitty vertical stripe shirt, black, M, worn <5 times -- $10 (sold)
  • Smitty Major League Replica long sleeve shirt, black/charcoal, M, bought on here very lightly used but I never wore it -- $17 (sold)
  • Adams convertible black jacket, M, used 2-3x max. Bad juju because the last time I used it I took a bunch of crap from a coach while I was calling balls and strikes from behind the mound... -- $25
  • Smitty charcoal base pants, bought new, never worn or hemmed, 32 waist -- $25 (sold)

Equipment

• All-Star MVP2500 -- some scratches and wear, mostly from travel during the season of HS baseball when I used it as my backup catcher's mask. Removeable pads are in good condition and make good replacement parts, some of the thin glued-on pad on the side of the helmet has peeled. -- $30 (sold)
  • Wilson 3007 dyna-lite frame. Hand-stripped the vinyl from the frame after reading about some others' mask projects on here, but never got around to finishing the project. Ready to be spray-painted or powdercoated -- $25
  • Tan Team Wendy pads, used half a season. Only *remember* taking one shot in them (draw whatever conclusions from that you will...) -- $15 (sold)

Bargain basement

Stuff that somebody can hopefully use, but I don't want to ship alone...Buy something else for asking price and one of these is free. Or just make me an offer I can't refuse...

• All-Star FM25 frame, black -- Couple of rust spots where the coating has worn and one small dent in the jaw area. Great project for Mask-It!
  • All-Star FM25LUC pads -- Came with the frame, about one year of wear. Some dirt on the jaw pad but still in good shape.
  • All Star mask harness. This is made of a stretchy material which I find easier to work with than the stiffer Wilson harness. (sold)
  • Wilson gold "W" harness(sold)
  • Navy blue ball bag (sold)
  • Smitty black ball bag with two internal pockets (sold)
  • Metal indicator (sold)
  • Plastic indicator
  • Plate brush, wooden handle (some bent strings need to be snipped)
  • Plate brush, black handle (sold)
  • Navy Richardson UMP540 hat, 7 1/4 6-stitch combo. Little bit of dirt but cleans up nice.
  • Black Richardson UMP540 hat, 7 3/8 6-stitch combo. Brand new never worn.

I have a few more things in storage that I'm holding onto in case I end up picking up a local game or two in the spring (All-Star non-System 7 leg guards, West Vest chest protector, sz~11 New Balance plate shoes, MBUA hats, Smitty shirts, navy jacket, 2x charcoal Smitty combo pants, etc.) I don't have immediate access to them at the moment but let me know if any of this interests you and keep an eye out for another post later in the spring!

Thanks for looking! Any questions, more pictures, etc. -- just ask!

IMG_1556.jpeg

IMG_1559.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1555.jpeg

IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg

IMG_1571.jpeg

IMG_1570.jpeg

IMG_1572.jpeg

IMG_1573.jpeg

IMG_1578.jpeg

IMG_1577.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

IMG_1576.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MAUmpire changed the title to Retirement Sale: Convertible jacket, mask frames and pads
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 898 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.