HELP!! There is a small hole in the All-Star magnesium mask.

Coldblooded27
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1134 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I recently bought a new magnesium mask and there is a hole in the frame.

Is there a hole like this?
P.PNG.57fe938e94e6b8ec7fb5d05a304a9d6f.PNG
How deep is the hole? My guess is that it's just an indentation from manufacturing and only cosmetic. I would call All Star to see what they say about it.

I wouldn't be overly concerned though...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

How deep is the hole? My guess is that it's just an indentation from manufacturing and only cosmetic. I would call All Star to see what they say about it.

I agree with Jeff here.  I think it's only cosmetic.  They fill these masks through the ear guards (hence the block-y guards) but if a little piece of anything got in the mold, it could have made that indentation.  It looks very shallow to me and I would say that you have nothing to worry about. 

If you are truly concerned, I would contact All Star as Jeff recommends. 

23 hours ago, Coldblooded27 said:

Can you explain more easy words? because I am Korean So, My English skill is not good :D.. 

I hope you are understand

Thank you :D

Basically what the others are asking. How big is the hole? It it just a small one? Like a bubble was there and popped at the surface? Or is the hole really deep into the mask?

Best course of action would be to contact All Star and ask them.

11 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I agree with Jeff here.  I think it's only cosmetic.  They fill these masks through the ear guards (hence the block-y guards) but if a little piece of anything got in the mold, it could have made that indentation.  It looks very shallow to me and I would say that you have nothing to worry about. 

If you are truly concerned, I would contact All Star as Jeff recommends. 

I know what you're saying. I don't worry if the hole is simply expressed on the outside, but when I put a needle or thread in that part, it keeps going in as if it's hollow. In this case, I asked you if there was a problem because I was worried about it.

14 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

I know what you're saying. I don't worry if the hole is simply expressed on the outside, but when I put a needle or thread in that part, it keeps going in as if it's hollow. In this case, I asked you if there was a problem because I was worried about it.

5 minutes ago, Coldblooded27 said:

Ok. That, to me, sounds a little odd. This sounds like a question for @MadMaxor @All-Star Sports. Best thing for you would probably stop poking it with needles and call All Star directly with your concerns.

16 hours ago, Chris Hickman said:

Unfortunately, this product doesn’t qualify for any discounts or promotions… But slather a little bit in that hole and you will be all set!

99D7412E-BED3-4ADB-B7A1-8F229E560724.jpeg

Unfortunately, I don't know if you are being serious? :HS

• 1 month later...