2-man clinics for 2021?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What part of the country are you in? The Mid American umpire clinic in springfield MO happens every year in September(?), and is worth the investment if it's a reasonable distance.

@mac266 I sent you a DM with contact info

They are holding this one end of the month Jan 29-31. It's in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. https://www.nationalumpirecamps.com/camp-signup Great instructors including some former pro guys and

17 hours ago, mac266 said:

I'm in Colorado, but willing to travel. 

I would contact the state high school associations around you (and bordering states as well) and see if they know of anything. I know that Mid American and Black and Blue both intend on holding clinics in the fall. But don't know specifics since everything is all wonky-wacky and timey-wimey still.

17 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Is this in lieu of or in conjunction with the 5 week course?

In conjunction. They do it every year. 

It's also only 4 weeks now. A couple years back, MiLB told them they had to cut a week.

3 hours ago, Biscuit said:

In conjunction. They do it every year. 

It's also only 4 weeks now. A couple years back, MiLB told them they had to cut a week.

I'm guessing right around MiLB started their school that went only 4 weeks.

2 hours ago, mac266 said:

I'm going to apply for the Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy for sure, and am also looking at the Mid-America Clinic.

I've heard nothing but good things about WWUA ( @Aging_Arbiter knows more about this one than I do ). And several of us here (including me) can attest to the high quality of @MidAmUmp's clinic

On 1/14/2021 at 12:54 PM, GreyhoundAggie said:

They are holding this one end of the month Jan 29-31. It's in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

https://www.nationalumpirecamps.com/camp-signup

Great instructors including some former pro guys and high level DI umps.

If anyone has questions or wants more info let me know.

Whelp.  I have another commitment that weekend.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, GreyhoundAggie said:

They are holding this one end of the month Jan 29-31. It's in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

https://www.nationalumpirecamps.com/camp-signup

Great instructors including some former pro guys and high level DI umps.

If anyone has questions or wants more info let me know.

There is a 4 day virtual one being hosted by West Coast Umpire Camps that weekend as well. You have to register at this address https://westcoastumpirecamps.com/ . But it is free, and they are also talking about putting the sessions on YouTube eventually for the stuff you might have missed.

Here is the tentative schedule. And since it is free. They are asking participants to make donations to either Ump Cares or Wounded Warrior Umpire Academy. 

• Thursday (01/28/2021) - 5:30pm - 8:00
    • Introductions & Umpiring Basics
    • Infield Fly Rule
    • Legal Aspects of Officiating
  • Friday (01/29/2021) - 5:30pm - 8:30
    • NFHS Rules
    • 2-Umpire Mechanics
    • Plays at the Plate
  • Saturday (01/30/2021) - 9:00am - 3:00
    • NCAA Rules
    • 3-Umpire Mechanics
    • Umpire Physical Fitness
    • Interference
    • Obstruction
  • Sunday (01/31/2021) - 9:00am - 1:00
    • Leveling Up (in Due Time)
    • Be a Good Person
    • Crew Chief Responsibilities
    • Working the Big Game
  • Like 1
On 1/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, BLWizzRanger said:

Has anyone used these on-line training sessions as their state's or association's mandatory classroom training?  Just looking for options.  My local chapter hasn't put out a schedule yet for one that is supposed to be done in Feb/Mar.  Thanks.

I know that quite a few states are starting to do this since in-person meetings won't happen, maybe at all this year.

For example. I know that New Mexico (who has A TON OF STUFF on their YouTube page and is willing to let anyone that ones join their ZOOM calls) is counting attendance on their webinars as credit for meeting attendance. I believe Washington will be doing the same as we get closer to the season and talk starts going towards season prep.