• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is recency bias, but not the psychological case I had in mind. 

To @ArchAngel72 was saying I think the term sex trafficing headline is a bit of sensationalism. Nothing I have seen seems to be sex trafficing, more or less your generic John bust. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/crime/14-men-arrested-in-human-trafficking-sting-in-northeast-ohio/530-c19bdafd-4d38-4db3-b499-9487c6fd9599

It appears to be true.  This site has pics of the 14 men and it looks like Mr. O'Nora.  He's being charged with soliciting a prostitute, not human trafficking though. 

I agree it's dumb, but I hate seeing lives destroyed over bad decisions.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/crime/14-men-arrested-in-human-trafficking-sting-in-northeast-ohio/530-c19bdafd-4d38-4db3-b499-9487c6fd9599

It appears to be true.  This site has pics of the 14 men and it looks like Mr. O'Nora.  He's being charged with soliciting a prostitute, not human trafficking though. 

I agree it's dumb, but I hate seeing lives destroyed over bad decisions.

Wow ...saw this last night.  He may lose his job, but then again, MLB has been known to give 2nd chances (Didn't he opt out of the 2020 season)?

Hopefully it is not what it appears. I saw this yesterday on FB as one of the others arrested is from my hometown. 

If it is what is alleged, I personally don't see a way for him to keep working for MLB. As far under the microscope as the umpires are this would just lead to a black eye every announcer at each of his games would be saying and Brian O'Nora, who was arrested in December... 

SAD,  If it is true, their lives are screwed, no pun entended here.  Sex Offender's list for years to come.  People need to think twice, three times before doing this kind of activity.    

Under Ohio law, he might not be registered as a sex offender, even if convicted on the charges he currently faces (which itself is highly doubtful—he'll plead out to misdemeanors without any possibility of hitting the registry).

But to Warren's point. This will be a passing talking point next season. Even if nothing comes of it. Every time his name is mentioned, someone will always think (or say) "he got popped December of 2020 for (enter charges here)."

We all remember Rob Drake popping off on Twitter because we are umpires. But it doesn't get brought up by anyone else because its just a passing thing. The situation with O'Nora is news. And will be unavoidable. 

57 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

So just curious ( tosses a pebble in the pond )

How many of you still actually talk about Robert Kraft getting popped for using a rub n tug down in FL ?

Some do.

Not really comparable, because he's an owner and makes the decisions. MLB has no incentive to keep any individual umpire, let alone one that is in this situation. I also don't see the union defending this other than due process as required by the agreement.

3 hours ago, ArchAngel72 said:

So just curious ( tosses a pebble in the pond )

How many of you still actually talk about Robert Kraft getting popped for using a rub n tug down in FL ?

I don't - nor will I talk about this man, but in my head that'll be the first thing I think of when I hear his name or see him for a long time most likely.  I forget the phenomenon, but its psychological for most of us to now associate him with this, unless we knew him or something odd about him that stands out even greater than this in our mind.   

And I wonder what is the most prevalent topic in the majority of men's minds?

2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I don't - nor will I talk about this man, but in my head that'll be the first thing I think of when I hear his name or see him for a long time most likely.  I forget the phenomenon, but its psychological for most of us to now associate him with this, unless we knew him or something odd about him that stands out even greater than this in our mind.   

And I wonder what is the most prevalent topic in the majority of men's minds?

Would that be Recency Bias? Or am I missing the name as well?

To your point. Every time I see Rob Drake on the field now. I first think about that ill conceived tweet. And now will be possibly the work plate job in recent memory to end the season in San Francisco last season.

Neither of which are good things. 

53 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Would that be Recency Bias? Or am I missing the name as well?

To your point. Every time I see Rob Drake on the field now. I first think about that ill conceived tweet. And now will be possibly the work plate job in recent memory to end the season in San Francisco last season.

Neither of which are good things. 

It is recency bias, but not the psychological case I had in mind. 

• Like 1

Well I will admit when his name comes up its about 50/50 that I think about that incident. ( charges dropped by the way )

However  I am at the point where I do not care.

Let people do what they want to do as long as their will is for it. 

If she wanted to sell her service to him to make $$ to feed herself or ?? her kids.  What is that to me.  How does it effect how I live my life?

Now if she's a sex traffic'd person who has to do that because otherwise she will get killed or etc. then OK that is wrong, that needs to be stopped.. 

The act itself is not illegal everywhere there are some places here in the US even where its an honest way to make $. Who are we and why do we judge the rest?