Saving money is great! In order to save everyone on this site a few bucks when selling gear. Please consider using:
- Just create a free account and buy postage online
- This site gives you a way better rate than going into the postoffice and buying postage there.
(I am in no way making any $ by telling you or having anyone use this site to buy postage)
Here is an unusual situation to umpiring but looking for input from the collective. For many years our summer baseball has been a pay at the plate situation. Many of the summer league teams are school affiliated. Because of some recent "events" involving non baseball booster clubs, these clubs are now facing more scrutiny, including wanting receipts for umpire payment.
I am thinking of ideas and ways to handle this new situation as I have previously just done assigning for the leagues for a nominal amount
1. Have league (ie Legion, AABC) make payments by invoicing league
2. Use Refpay or some similar mechanism and raise league costs to cover, in this case do you get money to cover umpires up front and draw down account
3. Print up business size cards to act as receipts that can be quickly given