Fan behavior towards opposing coaches/team

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Ditto. I'm surprised any umpire higher than junior high (except in New Jersey)* would say anything like this.

*This is not to say that NJ umpires are less competent--it is to say that when a governing body says stupid SH*#, it seems to be in NJ.

Wait...what?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What you do differently:  Don't talk to the fence. If there's an issue - and I'm not completely convinced there's one here - you'd talk to the coaches.  To the home coach:  you *might* say someth

+1, all points. For whatever reason, a lot of daddy coaches seem to have bottomless pits of empty souls that require constant validation from children's games that they're worthwhile human beings

Not for disciplinary reasons, no. Someone else's job (AD/home coach for school games, TD for tournaments, head coach for others). Depending on the situation, I might enlist the coach's help ("can

On 2/17/2021 at 11:44 AM, beerguy55 said:

You have every right to pause the game until the fan is removed...blindly assigning culpability to either coach (and potentially ejecting coaches and/or forfeiting a game) is a position not to take lightly...and you better be sure that that fan is indeed tightly tied to the coach or one of the players...I'd argue that if you're not 100% sure the fan is a parent you are best to stay away from that dog turd.   I'd suggest that even 100% certainty only gives you a starting point to have a conversation..."Hey coach, is he one of yours?"  "No?  OK, then I'm going to have him removed".

+1 props to @Beerguy55. This is the better way to handle the situation. 

Don't grab the shi%$y end of the stick by tossing the coach. He does not have control over the stupid things parents say at games. He would have the ability to ask the spectator to leave so the game isn't suspended or forfeited.

On 2/16/2021 at 7:12 AM, maven said:

Makes me wonder when a thread becomes a zombie.

giphy.gif 

Answer: Whenever wise input ceases.

Not everyone lives and breaths or visits this site on a daily basis. Multiple visitors have drive-bys, looking for answers and they can find some very good ones here.  

The absolute best advice was written over two thousand years ago, is still explicated today and as relevant, if not more so, than it ever has been

38 minutes ago, Donny7 said:

Answer: Whenever wise input ceases.

Not everyone lives and breaths or visits this site on a daily basis. Multiple visitors have drive-bys, looking for answers and they can find some very good ones here.  

The absolute best advice was written over two thousand years ago, is still explicated today and as relevant, if not more so, than it ever has been

1) It's less than 1 thread in 100 ( my SWAG) where "wise input" is provided more than, say, two weeks after the last previous post in a thread.

2) That's why the posts are open to READ "forever."  Doesn't mean every newbie, (and that's not meant to be synonymous with "n00b") should post in a thread.

3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Probably not, since none of that was written over 2000 years ago.

Jesus died in AD33... most of the books about Jesus activities (the Gospels) were written within the first hundred years or so after Jesus' passing.   Maybe not 2000 exact, but really close to it for some.

I will give you that it isn't an exact 2000 years, but then I doubt it's exact for the others (Confucius, etc) as well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Jesus died in AD33... most of the books about Jesus activities (the Gospels) were written within the first hundred years or so after Jesus' passing.   Maybe not 2000 exact, but really close to it for some.

I will give you that it isn't an exact 2000 years, but then I doubt it's exact for the others (Confucius, etc) as well.

However, we do know that theirs are older than 2000 years, and any writings of Jesus aren't, so by the plain language "older," that excludes the latter.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Donny7 said:

"You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you"

I concur.

• Haha 1