Shirts / t-shirts / etc - Question

Howdy all ....

I figured this may be appropriate here as it does have to do with equipment, but it's more of a question as what YOU GUYS do:

Since 've started back full bore in 2010, I've accumulated quite a few undershirts, short sleeve, long sleeve, sleeveless, black, navy, columbia blue, red, etc, etc, etc .....      I could get rid of A BUNCH of these, but was wondering what you guys do with them?  Toss them? Purple Heart?  Sell them here (if in good shape)??  

Thoughts ?!?  Thanks!

Assuming that they are in good condition, I donate them. We have a local thrift store that supports victims of domestic violence. Each Spring and Fall we clean out closets and drawers and load up at least a couple of bags.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t know about you guys but I’ve found that at some point, the dri-fit material in the Honig’s, Under Armour, New Balance short sleeve mocks just won’t shed that funk no matter how much you try to get rid of it. Have you guys noticed that or is there a crazy hack you know of that works? I’d love to know because I have a lot of them, and they all are still in great physical shape, they just smell bad after a few minutes of putting them on.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, blue32 said:

I don’t know about you guys but I’ve found that at some point, the dri-fit material in the Honig’s, Under Armour, New Balance short sleeve mocks just won’t shed that funk no matter how much you try to get rid of it. Have you guys noticed that or is there a crazy hack you know of that works? I’d love to know because I have a lot of them, and they all are still in great physical shape, they just smell bad after a few minutes of putting them on.

I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but wash and then hang dry in the sun.  The sun can do amazing things with removing odors.

• Thanks 1

I usually turn them into rags, outside work shirts or toss them. I don't know about you guys but for me have found that these 'wicking' shirts stink after about a year. They will clean up out of the washer and smell fine, but once you start sweating they turn ugly real fast.

13 hours ago, blue32 said:

’d love to know because I have a lot of them, and they all are still in great physical shape, they just smell bad after a few minutes of putting them on.

I didn't see your post before I started but I'm with you 100% and glad to know that I'm not the only one. For me they smell perfect coming out of the washer but the instant I start to sweat they get ugly. I would also love to know if someone has found a way to stop this......

• Like 1
17 hours ago, blue32 said:

I use Hex laundry detergent on all of my umpire stuff that a launder... shirts, under shirts, tights, jock, socks... it is designed for activewear and I don’t have any problems with lingering stankimage.thumb.png.b4556c25a592b915ee487d0cef5466a7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1