Need All-Star mask pads? Buy direct! (LINK)

SeeingEyeDog
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1282 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:48 AM, SeeingEyeDog said:

Speaking of replacement pads and my apologies for the shameless shill...

All-Star sells all of their replacement pads direct! Here's a link to a catalog search showing all of their current offerings. LUC, Deerskin and LMX: https://www.all-starsports.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pfm

~Dog

Do they have the replacement pads for the Cobalt yet (skully or cp)?

8 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

At the present time, the only deerskin LUC pads are for the MAG and are brown (some might say orange).

Hmmm ........where am I getting that then?  It may have been a conversation with Brad .... maybe they're thinking about it?  Heck, I can't remember anything anymore! :( 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Hmmm ........where am I getting that then?  It may have been a conversation with Brad .... maybe they're thinking about it?  Heck, I can't remember anything anymore! :( 

I know it's been requested by some, so maybe they're thinking about doing it.  

I know what you mean about memory though, it seems like I've heard something about memory and age or something like that somewhere, sometime.

university memory GIF

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I know it's been requested by some, so maybe they're thinking about doing it.  

I know what you mean about memory though, it seems like I've heard something about memory and age or something like that somewhere, sometime.

university memory GIF

"Of all the things I've lost in life. I miss my mind the most."

- all of us

• Haha 1

Where there's money and patience? There are craftsman.

If someone really wants black deerskin A-S pads for their Mag, contact a leatherworker and have them made. They'll rip the stitches, remove the padding and then cut new skin and sew it up.

Mind you, this won't be the cheapest thing you have ever done for a mask rig but, you will be unique. You could even have the new skin embroidered with your initials or American flag or whatever other piece of flair you want that your association wouldn't ding you for...

~Dog

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, SeeingEyeDog said:

If someone really wants black deerskin A-S pads for their Mag, contact a leatherworker and have them made. They'll rip the stitches, remove the padding and then cut new skin and sew it up.

Mind you, this won't be the cheapest thing you have ever done for a mask rig but, you will be unique. You could even have the new skin embroidered with your initials or American flag or whatever other piece of flair you want that your association wouldn't ding you for...

All that effort and cost, only to have some “higher up” – senior trainer guy, association lead, evaluator, mentor – tell you, “you guys ______________ (should / need / must) change your pads every year. That’s what they tell us (handed down the chain) from Major League Baseball.” 

Thru the hoop, Bob! Thru the hoop!

Granted, some of the mask pads (heck, masks in general) I’ve seen on my colleagues have defied belief; corpses unearthed in the Sahara are typically in better condition. 

• Like 1