MLB Ejection 34 - Rob Drake (1; Torey Lovullo)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1330 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1B Umpire Rob Drake ejected Diamondbacks Manager Torey Lovullo (interference call; QOCY) in the bottom of the 5th inning of the #Rockies-#Dbacks game. With one out and one on (R1), Diamondbacks batter Ketel Marte hit a first-pitch sinker from Rockies pitcher Ryan Castellani to left fielder Raimel...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get coach sticking up for his player, but he did look like he ducked into that throw on purpose. The way the player exited the field after being called out, I did not see that he disagreed with the call at all.   So yeah he knew he was guilty of it.  As a coach why bother at that point unless you are trying to light a fire under some buns.

22 hours ago, LRZ said:

I'm not sure I'd risk my head. My hip, ok, but my head, I don't think so.

I'd take getting hit in the head on the base path any day over any other part of my body.  It's the only place I have protection.

Talk about a breath of fresh air. You loose brain cells reading some of the stuff on this play on other (cough... facebook) forums! SMDH!

Besides the whole call and everything. I REALLY enjoyed listening to the broadcasters doubled over in laughter! And the final comment before the clip cuts out calling Calhoun a "heady player" with them loosing it as they say it. That is greatness.

18 hours ago, urout17 said:

I'd take getting hit in the head on the base path any day over any other part of my body.  It's the only place I have protection.

I'd hope that there might be another body part a little further south that has protection. Every time I step on a baseball field I am taking care of the boys.

Some will say there is no need, but one shot hurts a lot more than the discomfort of the three second effort of proper seating my Nutty Buddy.

49 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

I'd hope that there might be another body part a little further south that has protection. Every time I step on a baseball field I am taking care of the boys.

Some will say there is no need, but one shot hurts a lot more than the discomfort of the three second effort of proper seating my Nutty Buddy.

Hahaha...nice. In my playing days yes but now I only wear a cup when I have the plate.

On 8/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, LRZ said:

I'm not sure I'd risk my head. My hip, ok, but my head, I don't think so.

Was this in reference to the Reggie Jackson hip or leg play against Dodgers. Joe Brinkman at second possibly had the best look although Frank Pulli had his own look/angle at first.

12 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Was this in reference to the Reggie Jackson hip or leg play against Dodgers. Joe Brinkman at second possibly had the best look although Frank Pulli had his own look/angle at first.

Yes. I was wondering if anyone would get the reference.

• Like 1