SeeingEyeDog

Adams/Schutt Chest Protector...is this another scam?

The same CP is listed at $90 on Ump-Attire vs. $55 on the link you posted. The rest of the website is stuff like lotion, handbags, and backpacks; no other umpire gear. Plus its not a retail business, because the address listed on the website is for a house. Their website was only created a month ago, and PayPal is their only method of payment. IMO it seems pretty unlikely to me that a home business would offer only one umpire product (unless you want to count the deodorant) at a steeply discounted price. Sounds too good to be true to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

https://www.plboro.club/hd--umpire-protector-black-adams-usa--v-chest

$55 is a "too-good-to-be-true" price. Also, their online storefront looks questionable or horribly caught in 1998 at the very least...thoughts here, brothers?

~Dog

I wouldn't trust them.

Just now, Young_Ump said:

The same CP is listed at $90 on Ump-Attire vs. $55 on the link you posted. The rest of the website is stuff like lotion, handbags, and backpacks; no other umpire gear. Plus its not a retail business, because the address listed on the website is for a house. IMO it seems pretty unlikely to me that a home business would offer only one umpire product (unless you want to count the deodorant) at a steeply discounted price. Sounds too good to be true to me.

And I can't find any reviews on this business, wink wink, which doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

Why go there?  Hibbetts has them for very close to this price and no questions.

And then I go to look and it seems that Hibbetts is out of stock. Amazon is out too.

Are they out again or anyone know what’s going on?

Dowdle does have some at $79

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dowdlesports.com/Adams-XV-HDX-Umpire-Chest-Protector_p_38115.html%3famp=1

2 hours ago, SeeingEyeDog said:

https://www.plboro.club/hd--umpire-protector-black-adams-usa--v-chest

$55 is a "too-good-to-be-true" price. Also, their online storefront looks questionable or horribly caught in 1998 at the very least...thoughts here, brothers?

~Dog

LOTS of scams going around right now. Ebay was quick to remove last week’s scams that about 25-30 umpires got caught up in (and we got caught up in to some extent).

We have dialed up our security which means we are flagging more orders for more manual reviews.

There are some bad apples out there.

15 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

And I go to look and it now seems Hibbetts is out of stock. Amazon is out too. Are they out again or anyone know what’s going on?

We have a quantity of 41. Not sure if that means we are good or crazy (probably a little of both...I just hate running out of things. We always try to overstock.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JimKirk said:

We have a quantity of 41. Not sure if that means we are good or crazy (probably a little of both...I just hate running out of things. We always try to overstock.)

That’s good because these are one of the best CPs for hot weather that’s available!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

And I go to look and it now seems Hibbetts is out of stock. Amazon is out too. Are they out again or anyone know what’s going on?

Dowdle does have some at $79

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dowdlesports.com/Adams-XV-HDX-Umpire-Chest-Protector_p_38115.html%3famp=1

Hibbetts’ stock has been coming and going since the pandemic started.  In fact, I think I had created a thread on it when they went OOS a while back.  Strange thing is they don’t ship them ... they come straight from Schutt.  You just have to be persistent and keep checking.  I have bought two from them and used coupons to get close to the OP’s price point.

Sounds like @JimKirk may be buying Hibbett’s stock out!  ;)

• Haha 2

A strange thing about that website...It lists an address in California, but the phone number has an area code (740) for southeastern Ohio.

4 hours ago, BretMan said:

A strange thing about that website...It lists an address in California, but the phone number has an area code (740) for southeastern Ohio.

That isnt ENTIRELY strange. The corporate offices might be in Ohio. 

...............or.....................they moved.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

...............or.....................they moved.

But I thought people were moving out of California, not to it. ;)

• Haha 2