Really low eBay prices all of a sudden - are they legit?

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1365 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Has anyone dealt with any of these guys? All are first-time (or almost first-time) sellers and yet are offering UNBELIEVABLE pricing. Reminds me think of the old adage, if it seems too good to be true...

I'm hoping one of you has dealt with or took a shot on one of these and can offer some feedback.  I hate to get my funds tied up with a bad transaction.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.549b501e8c4f03d551e8efca40074544.png

image.png.c4aeb234555d32c9d71a0309e52f93e6.png

image.png.83de7a3254509ad4dafea07c166473a0.png

image.png.8d36ffc2062a16e059d956b170779be1.png

The seller barshtur_0 seems to only have 16 transactions, one of them with negative feedback.  All of the other items that they are selling seem to be housewares or pet accessories. It seems like it would be shipping from the states, so it might be a little easier to fight if something went sideways with the deal. 

I would research the other sellers on there. 

24 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

The seller barshtur_0 seems to only have 16 transactions, one of them with negative feedback.  All of the other items that they are selling seem to be housewares or pet accessories. It seems like it would be shipping from the states, so it might be a little easier to fight if something went sideways with the deal. 

I would research the other sellers on there. 

Yes, I saw that too, but a lot of these really good prices are from sellers who don't have any feedback yet. I know eBay will stand behind me, but I don't want my funds caught up while they refund if it goes bad.

9 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Yes, I saw that too, but a lot of these really good prices are from sellers who don't have any feedback yet. I know eBay will stand behind me, but I don't want my funds caught up while they refund if it goes bad.

I know you are saying you don't want your money caught up more as a convenience factor than anything else... but we can look at it this way. It could be a gamble, and if you aren't willing to lose that amount of money, then don't gamble. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I know you are saying you don't want your money caught up more as a convenience factor than anything else... but we can look at it this way. It could be a gamble, and if you aren't willing to lose that amount of money, then don't gamble. 

LOL - and that's exactly where I am right now.

Also, the reason I'm on here hoping someone else took a chance and can verify it's authenticity so I can make a much lower risk gamble.  

house of cards bet GIF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Short Umpire said:

I've got you @wolfe_man. I ordered the F3 Cp and got an email today that said an item I had won has been taken down due to concerns about the sellers account. I already paid and it said it would be here wednesday so I will update you then.

Thanks.  My personal opinion is these are fake and you'll end up being refunded.  I wonder if it's someone in a foreign country trying to launder funds or rip off account information.

I have emailed several of them and they don't follow English very well, so makes me concerned they're not based in the US like they want us to think.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:31 AM, wolfe_man said:

Has anyone dealt with any of these guys? All are first-time (or almost first-time) sellers and yet are offering UNBELIEVABLE pricing. Reminds me think of the old adage, if it seems too good to be true...

I'm hoping one of you has dealt with or took a shot on one of these and can offer some feedback.  I hate to get my funds tied up with a bad transaction.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.549b501e8c4f03d551e8efca40074544.png

image.png.c4aeb234555d32c9d71a0309e52f93e6.png

image.png.83de7a3254509ad4dafea07c166473a0.png

image.png.8d36ffc2062a16e059d956b170779be1.png

I saw that and probably would of bought the Wilson MLB  bag but saw the ebag first for $89 so went with that and am happy.  Baseball umpire equipment is usually unique to someone in the game so for someone to all of a sudden have all of these products with no feedback or connection to the game is a cause for concern.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, umpstu said:

This was a review for these guys.      

When I make it to "The Show", I'll be raving about UMP ATTIRE
Wilson V2 MLB 36" Umpire Equipment Bag on Wheels (#264778236302)

But they’re not ump-attire.  This review sounds fake.

1 minute ago, wolfe_man said:

Ya think.

2 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, Mr Ump said:

Baseball umpire equipment is usually unique to someone in the game so for someone to all of a sudden have all of these products with no feedback or connection to the game is a cause for concern.

Not only that. But all this stuff at a significant discount is suspect to start.

• Like 1

@wolfe_man and the rest of you are “purty smart”. The main thing I see is most items are below the cost manufacturers sell to retailers (like us). We never go below cost unless the product is an absolute dud or we are way overstocked on extreme sizes (say a S or 4X).

It would be in our best interest if this was legit to buy from this person, but no way would I trust this person somehow had an in with All Star, Force3, AND Wilson.

Hard pass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimKirk said:

Here’s another tell. We would sell a lot of Wilson Golds or Wilson bags at 99.99 if we truly wanted to clear them.

Why we would we offer them for $66? Or $75 leaving money on the table?

If it walks like a duck...

Jim do you price match?  Asking for a friend (Arik). :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, JimKirk said:

Here’s another tell. We would sell a lot of Wilson Golds or Wilson bags at 99.99 if we truly wanted to clear them.

That was my first "tell"... these are below what you would pay to buy these direct from the wholesaler to sell(retail) to me! 

These are truly unbelievable prices.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JimKirk said:

Well I ordered two different products from two "different" sellers with these low prices using Paypal just taking a chance(knowing that I should have no problem getting my money back through Paypal).  I received both today, but the problem is they are from Ump-attire.  They show as being purchased by another name and address and then shipped to me.  One shows as being someone from New York and one shows from someone in Hawaii.  I assume these are stolen cards/info used to purchase these? I will contact Ebay and Ump-attire tomorrow after my games to see what to do.  

Obviously I will not use the gear tomorrow, because most likely this was too good to be true and is something fraudulent.  If so I will ship them back to Ump-attire and hopefully be able to get my money back from Paypal/Ebay.  

5 hours ago, spiffdawg7 said:

Well I ordered two different products from two "different" sellers with these low prices using Paypal just taking a chance(knowing that I should have no problem getting my money back through Paypal).  I received both today, but the problem is they are from Ump-attire.  They show as being purchased by another name and address and then shipped to me.  One shows as being someone from New York and one shows from someone in Hawaii.  I assume these are stolen cards/info used to purchase these? I will contact Ebay and Ump-attire tomorrow after my games to see what to do.  

Obviously I will not use the gear tomorrow, because most likely this was too good to be true and is something fraudulent.  If so I will ship them back to Ump-attire and hopefully be able to get my money back from Paypal/Ebay.  

That’s what I feared. Mine is following the same shipping route as my orders from ump-attire. 

13 minutes ago, FranklinT said:

The use of all stock photos (including a few with the UA logo clearly in it) is a red flag amongst many other red flags.

It looks like someone is taking your money for your Ebay purchases and then using stolen cards to place orders with us to have them shipped directly to you.

We have a system that detects suspicious orders (and rarely have an issue). We have 3 pending that we have not shipped from the past week where we are awaiting manual confirmation that it’s legit, but looks like some have at least 2 to fall through the cracks.

We also have just found 3 orders in transit that we were able to stop to return to us including yours @The Short Umpire.

We are reaching out to Ebay to report.

A bad apple causing problems. Thanks for bringing to our attention.

• Like 2