UmpLife Harness for Schutt/Adams XV-HDX???

I have the newest version of the Schutt/Adams XV-HDX.  I've read about how great the UmpLife harness is - does it improve this newest version of the XV-HDX significantly, or does this new version basically replicate the UmpLife harness benefits?  

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like Ray's harness, but I have to say I never replaced my HDX-XV harness as it fit me too well.  I don't think it's worth a $36+ upgrade on a $60 CP in my honest opinion.

Buy his magnetic line-up card holder instead!  

You do? I bought in XV and had you do the mod for me. Then the VERY NEXT YEAR they came out with the HDX! I mean... COME ON!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

does it improve this newest version of the XV-HDX significantly, or does this new version basically replicate the UmpLife harness benefits? 

The latter. Of course, having an actual UmpLife RayFlex harness is the beez-kneez, and denotes as a hip'n'happenin' umpire... but the included "flex" harness on the XV-HDX is much better than what was there originally.

It's made my retrofit unnecessary. I feel like the Maytag repairman.

20140530-063353-23633853.jpg

• Like 1
On 6/11/2020 at 6:42 PM, MadMax said:

The latter. Of course, having an actual UmpLife RayFlex harness is the beez-kneez, and denotes as a hip'n'happenin' umpire... but the included "flex" harness on the XV-HDX is much better than what was there originally.

It's made my retrofit unnecessary. I feel like the Maytag repairman.

20140530-063353-23633853.jpg

You do? I bought in XV and had you do the mod for me. Then the VERY NEXT YEAR they came out with the HDX! I mean... COME ON!

• Haha 2
On 6/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, Chris Hickman said:

Who is Ray...

For the *real* answer, since nobody has bothered...

Ray Brownlie. @Razzer on this board. Creator of UmpLife products - all high-quality things you never knew you needed until you try to go without.

• Like 2
On 6/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, kylehutson said:

For the *real* answer, since nobody has bothered...

Ray Brownlie. @Razzer on this board. Creator of UmpLife products - all high-quality things you never knew you needed until you try to go without.

Hickman was just being Hickman...lol

• Haha 1