Crew How-To: New Balance Umpire Plate Shoes Lace Pocket

JimKirk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1388 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

15 hours ago, JimKirk said:

The 1st time you have ever disappointed me! :Facepalm: 

I HAD you in the Jedi class of gear knowledge.

I got ya @Thunderheads....

How would even the most sage of those among us know without some inkling it was there? 

You misdirected our attention with this apparently incomplete list of features:

FEATURES

• Dispersion Instep Guard provides more inner foot protection
  • Toe box is designed of the highest grade Thermal Polyurethane possible, with greater density in high impact zones
  • ABZORB® - a blend of Dupont™ Engage® and Isoprene rubber - in heel and forefoot provides superior shock absorption and cushioning throughout the game
  • Strategically placed mesh strap on inside of metatarsal guard that promotes air flow and breathability
  • Guard releases for easy on/off
  • Mid-cut provides greater ankle support
  • High gloss is easy to clean / polishable
  • Snug-fit integrated neoprene sock liner provides additional comfort between foot and hard toe
  • Nubby outsole for enhanced traction
  • 31.3 ounces per shoe (size 15)
  • The official plate shoes for MLB umpires
  • For baseball or softball
  • Men’s sizing in all widths
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

How would even the most sage of those among us know without some inkling it was there? 

FEATURES

• Toe box is designed of the highest grade Thermal Polyurethane possible, with greater density in high impact zones
  • ABZORB® - a blend of Dupont™ Engage® and Isoprene rubber - in heel and forefoot provides superior shock absorption and cushioning throughout the game
  • Strategically placed mesh strap on inside of metatarsal guard that promotes air flow and breathability
  • Snug-fit integrated neoprene sock liner provides additional comfort between foot and hard toe

@JimKirk ..... now I don't feel as bad! :D

12 hours ago, Kevin_K said:

FEATURES

Oh man, @Kevin_K just called us out for not having this listed! BUSTED!! 

Good eyes. Knew I couldn’t get anything over on you umpires. :notworthy:

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 9:57 AM, Kevin_K said:

FEATURES

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and having @Thunderheads’s back. His Jedi Knight status has been restored.

That feature has been added to each plate shoe page. That feature is an Easter egg no more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimKirk said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and having @Thunderheads’s back. His Jedi Knight status has been restored.

That feature has been added to each plate shoe page. That feature is an Easter egg no more.

That there is how things are supposed to work! Responsive, adaptable, and humble..... just like the partner each of us should want to be.

Nice work @JimKirk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...