2021 NFHS Rule Changes

On 4/27/2020 at 8:52 AM, grayhawk said:

As the Instructional Chairman for our association, how can I expect our umpires to get the rule for a DDB balk correct when they can't even figure out the no new inning after two and a half hours for sub-varsity games? 

Because someone in your association told them they're being paid by the hour? (Or, they omitted to tell the umpires they're not paid by the hour) 

---------

So if we took the NFHS test last year, for no benefit of doing so (playoff certification, etc.), does that mean we have to take the test again this year? Or does last year's status carry over to this year? :stir

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not directed at you or anybody else, it's just my opportunity to rant about "zombie" threads. What the eff is up with people getting so bent out of shape with people responding/commenting

As the Instructional Chairman for our association, how can I expect our umpires to get the rule for a DDB balk correct when they can't even figure out the no new inning after two and a half hours for

On 2/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, Donny7 said:

Mr. Moderator johnnyg. You better be careful posting to an April 2020 topic. Someone may whup-out the dreaded ZOMBIE on you. :smachhead:

This is not directed at you or anybody else, it's just my opportunity to rant about "zombie" threads.

What the eff is up with people getting so bent out of shape with people responding/commenting/resurrecting old threads? I see it not only on this site, but jeep forums I frequent, as well. Does it really impact your life that much if someone would do that. I mean, who the hell cares? Don't respond, it's that simple. 

I know of no law, statute, ordinance, requirement, order, directive, executive order, requiring anyone to respond to any thread on any website. I personally have better things to do then get upset because someone resurrects an old thread. Really, are you that angry, that something like resurrecting an old thread gets you that worked up?

Maybe some people just make mistakes and don't realize the date of a thread, or maybe the topic genuinely interests them, or maybe to them it's a legitimate question. I realize often times it adds no value, but seriously, who cares? Don't respond if it bothers you, just move on. The thread will go away, I promise. And if it doesn't, I don't think your life will be affected in any way, shape, or form. Seriously, WTF is the matter with some people. I just don't get it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
On 3/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, JonnyCat said:

This is not directed at you or anybody else, it's just my opportunity to rant about "zombie" threads.

What the eff is up with people getting so bent out of shape with people responding/commenting/resurrecting old threads? I see it not only on this site, but jeep forums I frequent, as well. Does it really impact your life that much if someone would do that. I mean, who the hell cares? Don't respond, it's that simple. 

I know of no law, statute, ordinance, requirement, order, directive, executive order, requiring anyone to respond to any thread on any website. I personally have better things to do then get upset because someone resurrects an old thread. Really, are you that angry, that something like resurrecting an old thread gets you that worked up?

Maybe some people just make mistakes and don't realize the date of a thread, or maybe the topic genuinely interests them, or maybe to them it's a legitimate question. I realize often times it adds no value, but seriously, who cares? Don't respond if it bothers you, just move on. The thread will go away, I promise. And if it doesn't, I don't think your life will be affected in any way, shape, or form. Seriously, WTF is the matter with some people. I just don't get it.

It may be another example of the keyboard warriors who use all kinds of social media to anonymously pontificate on their view(s) of the world that no one else needs or cares to know

• Like 2
On 3/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, MadMax said:

Because someone in your association told them they're being paid by the hour? (Or, they omitted to tell the umpires they're not paid by the hour) 

---------

So if we took the NFHS test last year, for no benefit of doing so (playoff certification, etc.), does that mean we have to take the test again this year? Or does last year's status carry over to this year? :stir

Our 2021 test was word for word the 2020 test. 

• Like 1
On 3/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, MadMax said:

---------

:sarcasm:Now @MadMax...you know better than to ask such inflammatory, "pot-stirring" questions like that...whyyyyyy the state needs to wet their beaks each and every year so don't you go lettin' no COVID get in the way of collecting another year's worth of fees just because we had no ballgames last year. Heck, I'm legit surprised they didn't print up more 2020 rulebooks with 2021 covers on them.

~Dawg 

23 minutes ago, LMSANS said:

+30.

Right. This year was all the questions. Last year was random from the pool of all questions. 

On 4/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, lawump said:

I have it from a very reliable source that there will not be a 2021 edition of the NFHS rule book.  Due to the virus, there will be no baseball rules change process this year.  The 2020 edition of the rule book will be the rule book for the 2021 baseball season.

This is true.