@Biscuit and others.. forgive my inability to effectively communicate.

When I download a CSV file from I will likely receive a data set with game dates, places, partners, etc that can be uploaded to my Google calendar.

In many cases, schedules change for any number of reasons. That would suggest to me that the data set in the CSV file would change and my Google calendar would not match the correct information contained in Zebraweb and not be much use to me. 

Logic would suggest that I would then need to download the most current data through another CSV file. If I did that, and I wanted to upload it to my Google calendar, would the newest data overwrite the old details on my Google calendar, making my Google calendar correct by deleting the old information and inserting the new?

Arbiter would update my Google calendar without me having to do anything.

2 hours ago, Kevin_K said:

@Biscuit and others.. forgive my inability to effectively communicate.

When I download a CSV file from I will likely receive a data set with game dates, places, partners, etc that can be uploaded to my Google calendar.

In many cases, schedules change for any number of reasons. That would suggest to me that the data set in the CSV file would change and my Google calendar would not match the correct information contained in Zebraweb and not be much use to me. 

Logic would suggest that I would then need to download the most current data through another CSV file. If I did that, and I wanted to upload it to my Google calendar, would the newest data overwrite the old details on my Google calendar, making my Google calendar correct by deleting the old information and inserting the new?

Arbiter would update my Google calendar without me having to do anything.

Ah, I see. I'm not sure on that.

The csv file is a snapshot in time...as your schedule looks at that moment. using this solution is good if you don't expect any/many changes.

The best method is where you can copy the zebra web calendar url and assign it to google calendar or what ever calendar program/app you are using. That's how it communicates changes.

9 hours ago, LMSANS said:

The csv file is a snapshot in time...as your schedule looks at that moment. using this solution is good if you don't expect any/many changes.

The best method is where you can copy the zebra web calendar url and assign it to google calendar or what ever calendar program/app you are using. That's how it communicates changes.

Or, they could just adapt and USE AN .ics FILE LIKE THE REST OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD.

Sorry for yelling. I'm a computer nerd, and when people go out of their way to do things wrong, it hacks me off. It's an open standard , anybody can use it, and every major mail client will read and understand it. And if you can make it dynamic (like Arbiter does), so it re-reads on every refresh.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 5:13 PM, Kevin_K said:

Zebraweb seems to allow you to download a CSV file that you can then upload to your Google calendar, but that is significantly different than the push system Arbiter has that allows for real time updates. Does anyone know if CSV files overwrite if I have an updated schedule that varies from the original CSV?

In general, no. CSV uploads can't easily compare what you already have on the calendar to determine what needs to be removed, added, or edited; it'll just add everything in the CSV to what's already there.

It's frustrating when technology seems to go backwards. My work schedule also varies week to week. At one time, the program we used for work, and my games , all on arbiter, automatically downloaded  to my I-calendar. Both would update when changes happen. Now, our new work system isn't compatible with I-Calendar, (they claim it's better because they have their own app with more features. :shrug:) Now I'll have games on 2 sites with only one making it's way to my calendar. May as well go back to the pocket calendar and just write it all in there. Progress...LOL

https://www.staples.com/2020-at-a-glance-dayminder-3-1-2-x-6-monthly-pocket-planner-black-sk53-00-20/product_24345816?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:24345816&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=24345816&KPID=24345816&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7qn1BRDqARIsAKMbHDbaK3TFSvXubtXaIpgQx4GkoSC5-IZchSKByXSOWk6xZlIS6vnsTFcaAuFWEALw_wcB

24 minutes ago, Richvee said:

It's frustrating when technology seems to go backwards. My work schedule also varies week to week. At one time, the program we used for work, and my games , all on arbiter, automatically downloaded  to my I-calendar. Both would update when changes happen. Now, our new work system isn't compatible with I-Calendar, (they claim it's better because they have their own app with more features. :shrug:) Now I'll have games on 2 sites with only one making it's way to my calendar. May as well go back to the pocket calendar and just write it all in there. Progress...LOL

https://www.staples.com/2020-at-a-glance-dayminder-3-1-2-x-6-monthly-pocket-planner-black-sk53-00-20/product_24345816?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:24345816&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=24345816&KPID=24345816&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7qn1BRDqARIsAKMbHDbaK3TFSvXubtXaIpgQx4GkoSC5-IZchSKByXSOWk6xZlIS6vnsTFcaAuFWEALw_wcB

There are many guys in my organization that would be very happy to go back to that.:crazy:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Or, they could just adapt and USE AN .ics FILE LIKE THE REST OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD.

Sorry for yelling. I'm a computer nerd, and when people go out of their way to do things wrong, it hacks me off. It's an open standard , anybody can use it, and every major mail client will read and understand it. And if you can make it dynamic (like Arbiter does), so it re-reads on every refresh.

Kyle, wouldn't ICS just copy the existing schedule similar to csv and not provide an on-going sync?

6 minutes ago, LMSANS said:

Kyle, wouldn't ICS just copy the existing schedule similar to csv and not provide an on-going sync?

Not if you do it the Right Way(TM). You don't download an .ics, you reference the .ics .

So I say to my calendar client (I use Google, but Outlook, Apple Calendar, etc. all do the same thing) you can find my calendar at http://whatever.com/mycalendar.ics - when something disappears from that .ics, it also disappears from your calendaring app (at least, once it completes its next refresh - I think by default Google is once every 6 hours? Not sure about the others).

As an aside, Google calendars are *really* good. I manage nearly 20 different calendars through there, and each of them can be subscribed to by others. Managing them is as easy as adding an event on my phone and selecting the right place to put it.

5 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

Not if you do it the Right Way(TM). You don't download an .ics, you reference the .ics .

So I say to my calendar client (I use Google, but Outlook, Apple Calendar, etc. all do the same thing) you can find my calendar at http://whatever.com/mycalendar.ics - when something disappears from that .ics, it also disappears from your calendaring app (at least, once it completes its next refresh - I think by default Google is once every 6 hours? Not sure about the others).

As an aside, Google calendars are *really* good. I manage nearly 20 different calendars through there, and each of them can be subscribed to by others. Managing them is as easy as adding an event on my phone and selecting the right place to put it.

OKay. That's what I did with Arbiter. Here's hoping on ZebraWeb.

1 hour ago, LMSANS said:

There are many guys in my organization that would be very happy to go back to that.:crazy:

Are you suggesting that they went away from the pocket calendar?

• Haha 2

The best assignment software IMO is assignr.com and it's not even close. The UI is super easy to use, it's easy for assigners (and I personally know 6 of them that love it), and it makes finding contact info/locations/etc. very easy as well. Best part? Every official is blocked out as a default and must open the specific days and times they want to work, which is soooooo much easier than Arbiter. I highly recommend it!