Jump to content
Senor Azul

Origin of this website's name?

Recommended Posts

Perhaps this cartoon was the inspiration for the name of this website? Check out the book that Bullwinkle is reading about 12 seconds into the video. And, of course, that is Bullwinkle J. Moose performing as his alter ego Mr. Know-It-All.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Senor Azul.... how much time do you have on your hands that you:

  1. Watch 50 year old clips of Rocky & Bullwinkle.....and
  2. Notice details like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe he is actually recalling it from when he watched it on its original airing.
 

Sorry, @Senor Azul.  I got called “old” on another forum today for posting Lynda Carter Wonder Woman gifs ... just paying it forward!  :cheers:
 

 

Seriously though, I do recall watching Rocky and Bullwinkle in a little 25-cent “nickelodeon” (no, not capital “N” like the network) at K-Mart as my parents checked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, SJA said:

50 > 60 year old cartoons are the best! . . . not like the crap of today :-(

You do realize every adult has a problem with cartoons that weren't aired during their generation?

The same is true for music, books, and transportation to school.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yawetag said:

You do realize every adult has a problem with cartoons that weren't aired during their generation?

The same is true for music, books, and transportation to school.

Sure do, . . . and damn glad I'm an "old schooler!

 

 

Popeye.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yawetag said:

You do realize every adult has a problem with cartoons that weren't aired during their generation?

The same is true for music, books, and transportation to school.

Yes, but this time it's valid.  Never before; never again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still find it disheartening to see how soft (SAWFT for my southern brethren in blue) the younger generations have become.  I was just talking with a co-worker on Friday about how we grew up in a time where violent cartoons, jungle gym's on playground macadam, and standing up in the front seat of a car as a child. But I digress........ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I still find it disheartening to see how soft (SAWFT for my southern brethren in blue) the younger generations have become.  I was just talking with a co-worker on Friday about how we grew up in a time where violent cartoons, jungle gym's on playground macadam, and standing up in the front seat of a car as a child. But I digress........ 

Not just violent cartoons, but the most violent TV show in history which happened to be a cartoon -- Looney Tunes!

Or has that been surpassed finally?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two counter-examples:

  • My kids (they're all in their early 20's now) all really enjoyed the Looney Toons DVD's I bought.
  • Although I would still argue that much of today's pop music sucks, there are a couple of bands my kids have introduced me to, that I really enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, SJA said:

Sure do, . . . and damn glad I'm an "old schooler!

 

 

Popeye.jpg

Is that @JaxRolo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 1:47 AM, Senor Azul said:

Perhaps this cartoon was the inspiration for the name of this website?

I use to love the reruns of Rocky & Bullwinkle when I was a kid and there were actually Saturday morning cartoons. I'd have to go to one of the UHF stations to get it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...