+POS Zero G Pads

AL-Ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1255 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I purchased a Zero G earlier this year and it comes with black "Cool Mesh" pads.  Was thinking of changing the pads out to something else.  I bought some Wilson wrap around pads (Ump-Attire), but I couldn't get them to fit.  Maybe I'm an idiot, but I tried for a couple days, watched the video UA has, but couldn't make it happen - at least looking as good as they do at the UA site on a Wilson mask.  Different shape maybe?

Guessing that I can put on Team Wendy pads - Can anyone confirm they will fit?  I have an All Star Mag and am familiar with their pads, but not a fan of the thin top pad.

+POS is a true full bowl profile, so not all pads fit right.  Some will fit, but feel "large" on there, while others - like RJ mentions above with the TW's - fit fine. In my experience, smaller pads fit well (think old-style before they added wrap-arounds or plates in the pads i.e. old Wilson's, Nike, Adidas)... and almost any memory foam pads will fit well (Wilson memory foams, TW's).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, AL-Ump said:

What about Honig's pads?  I've heard they are really good but am wondering about the fit on the +POS.

I'd think Honig's would fit well, but have no personal experience.  The top pad on a Honig's is pretty bulky though, it may be a little snug. 

1 hour ago, AL-Ump said:

What about Honig's pads?  I've heard they are really good...

They are very good, all things considered (that Honig's doesn't rhyme with a more circulated name, such as Milson). The pads are pre-cut, and their leather pads especially are top-grain and feel rather nice. 

As Wolfe mentions... 

On 3/13/2020 at 10:46 AM, wolfe_man said:

+POS is a true full bowl profile, so not all pads fit right.

Know what the Honig's pads are modeled to fit? Their K-95 mask, which is a full-bowl profile, too. 

8 minutes ago, MadMax said:

They are very good, all things considered (that Honig's doesn't rhyme with a more circulated name, such as Milson). The pads are pre-cut, and their leather pads especially are top-grain and feel rather nice. 

As Wolfe mentions... 

Know what the Honig's pads are modeled to fit? Their K-95 mask, which is a full-bowl profile, too. 

they do fit the Adidas pretty well too, but a little tight up top.

IMG_2569.jpg.d5c43a335d31093f5dd734eec27f4066.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

but a little tight up top.

But remember, the AirChamber pads that +POS uses on their ZRO-G are virtually the same as the All-Star LUC pads. They're likely the same planform. And we know All-Star is a catcher's company first and foremost, so the upper pad is going to be minimal... so as to accommodate a hard helmet worn by a catcher. Also remember, the Icon planform itself started life as a catcher's mask.

By contrast, Honig's is an umpire's company.

9 hours ago, MadMax said:

But remember, the AirChamber pads that +POS uses on their ZRO-G are virtually the same as the All-Star LUC pads. They're likely the same planform.

To this point. I think that +POS has either used the same factory. Or gets their stuff directly from All Star and just has their name put on it. I'm pretty sure we all remember seeing the All Star name on those Carbon Fiber masks back in the day. And I know that I have seen a few of the old +POS BB2000 "Samurai" chest protector on Ebay recently with a big All Star badge on it.

And now Max mentions the similarity to the LUC pads.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...