Mizuno Titanium

tbuck18
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1502 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question / anybody have any experience wearing the Mizuno Titanium mask as there is one for sale on EBay used for $240

is that price high or low?

i Already have a Nike titanium so trying to purchase another titanium as well so any help here appreciated

thanks

And there is also a new one on eBay for $680+ 

I'm like 'who would pay that when Samurai Gears has it new for so much less!'

It's cheaper than a Nike Ti - and rarer in the states.   It's kind of intriguing.

That is a fair price. Ordering from Rakuten and shipping it from Japan was about $246 when I got one. Just know that you should probably upgrade the pads because they come with cheap vinyl pads by default. 

10 minutes ago, AtlUmp said:

That is a fair price. Ordering from Rakuten and shipping it from Japan was about $246 when I got one. Just know that you should probably upgrade the pads because they come with cheap vinyl pads by default. 

It has a Make Offer option too... I'd try at $200 and see if he bites.

I’m sure you could fit the bottom pad, but the top of the mizuno has the extra protruding guard that looks like it would make the Velcro difficult unless you were to use additional strips to hold it in place. I can’t speak for the length of the TW’s though. Hoings pads seem like they would be the best option. 

On 3/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, The Short Umpire said:

I’m sure you could fit the bottom pad, but the top of the mizuno has the extra protruding guard that looks like it would make the Velcro difficult unless you were to use additional strips to hold it in place. I can’t speak for the length of the TW’s though. Hoings pads seem like they would be the best option. 

That extra piece of metal looks like it goes through where the harness does.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:31 AM, wolfe_man said:

It's cheaper than a Nike Ti - and rarer in the states.   It's kind of intriguing.

I've tried one on, and fell in love. When Team Taiwan visited Phoenix last year for Spring Training, 5 of the 6 catchers used it, and through makeshift translation, I got a chance to try one of their catcher's Mizzy Titaniums out while he tried my All-Star FM4K. 

The Nike Icon Titanium is still the BeezKneez, but that Mizzy was soooooooo light and sooooooo unique.

You know, all this speculation... @AtlUmp has been relaying his experience with it. Why don't we ask another umpire who now – just now! – has one...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh @Stk004 ???????

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 9:28 PM, BT_Blue said:

That extra piece of metal looks like it goes through where the harness does.

It does. I just attached it around the second bar on top and kept the outer straps where they’d normally go. 

9E0326E8-7F34-4531-890B-2F3B83C5AB12.jpeg.da3889151b1465562e8d29e08390d89b.jpeg