tpatience

are Nike pads machine washable?

I bought a Nike mask off eBay but I think it came from a catcher so the pads are all dirty. Is it safe to put the Nike pads in a washing machine? Thanks 

I suppose you could but, they are made of foam and foam will very likely float on the surface and not get very clean.  I would hand wash them, rinse them well and dry them in the sun.  This is what I have down with my TW and All Star LUC pads.  

• Like 3

I washed my Team Wendy pads in the washing machine. Came out great.

Gentle or Delicate mode, pads in a bag, light detergent, air dry.

• Like 1

Try using some Scrubbing Bubbles. I use it on most my gear when it gets dirty. I just let it sit they use soft brush and rinse with warm water. Magic!  Works wonders on muddy shoes and the bottom of my west vest gold shins. Sweat rings on hats. I mean everything. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, NicNag said:

Try using some Scrubbing Bubbles.

Way too caustic for one's face. Sufficient for shoes and shins, but anything that makes contact with skin, I want to use a soap instead of what amounts to bathroom cleaner.

Compression shirts, shorts, (removable) sizing pads from shinguards, and mask pads, I use Nathan / Penguin Sport Wash. Tide is making a "sport wash", but I haven't tried it, because I tend to favor stuff that I used to sell when I worked at REI. Sport Wash rinses clean, and doesn't leave a residue behind (as some detergents do) to act as a "color booster" or "stain guard". The problem with these additives is they handicap or defeat the wicking properties of technical clothing. Not a problem for most polyester or cotton T-shirts; major problem for expensive wicking layer clothing.

As @wolfe_man said, get yourself an inexpensive "lingerie" or delicates washing bag from Wal-Mart or Target, put the pads in the bag, and launder in a Sport Wash load with the rest of your baseball shirts and such. The benefit of the bag is it prevents the velcro from tearing / pilling up your shirts and pants.

15 hours ago, MadMax said:

Way too caustic for one's face

besides, it's to harsh on the skin........:HS