The Short Umpire

Patriotic Adidas Icon

I have always liked the idea of a patriotic mask for holiday weekend tournaments, however I don’t want the Wilson one. So I bought two adidas masks on eBay. One with the red pads and one with the blue pads. I did this with the intention of switching the top pads to make my own. However I now have two masks so if anyone is interested in one, message me your number and we can talk. 

• Like 1

"Nice mask"

"Thanks!  I have one just like it at home!"

• Haha 1

So with 4th of July coming up I finally get to put all of this in action. It was gonna make a showing on Memorial Day but we all know what happened there. I’m scheduled with a local league to work a tournament where things are more laid back. I have the two-tone mask and shirts to match. 

A1DA441A-42F8-4A7E-9F0D-4746ADDDD854.jpeg

• Like 3

Also, I made two of each shirt so that I can give one to my random partner of the day and have him match if he so desires. It’d be close since most of the guys in the league wear navy or red anyway but my OCD kicked in and @JimKirk’s awesome Smitty sale made it a bit cheaper. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

My reaction to this photo! :rollinglaugh:

Ya know, COVID boredom makes you do funny things... it was just gonna be a mask but after the sales started I probably got carried away... hahaha! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Short Umpire said:

So with 4th of July coming up I finally get to put all of this in action. It was gonna make a showing on Memorial Day but we all know what happened there. I’m scheduled with a local league to work a tournament where things are more laid back. I have the two-tone mask and shirts to match. 

A1DA441A-42F8-4A7E-9F0D-4746ADDDD854.jpeg

So .... you MADE THOSE SHIRTS from other 'red' shirts?

@Thunderheads correct. I started with one navy shirt and one red shirt. I seam-ripped the sleeves off of both shirts and then seam-ripped the trim off of the sleeves. I then swapped the sleeves to the opposite color shirt, shortened the sleeves by about 3 inches (to accommodate my T-Rex arms/my desire to not wear 3/4 sleeves. Hahaha) and then put the trim back on the original shirt to match the collars. Pretty simple. Seam ripping was the most time consuming part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1