Fayetteville, NC Area Umpires-Anyone need a partner on weekends March 14/15 or 21/22?

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1503 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I will be TDY for my job as an Army Civilian to Fort Bragg for most of March. I can bring my gear and work some games. I’ve already worked 8 college games so far this season thanks to some nice weather last weekend here in Joplin and KC, MO. I don’t like to work kid games. Only 15 year old and up. I am also NFHS certified in Kansas so I can work high school level as well if any exists. I can drive about an hour radius from Fayetteville to work and can work 3 to 4 games a day if need be. Prefer DH’s. I don’t step on a field for less than $65 per game though. A guy has to have standards. 15 years of high school and 13 years of college level umpiring experience. I think @umpstuand @mazzamouth can vouch that I won’t get you in trouble and that I’m not a reda$$ looking to dump guys either. 
email to dcteater@gmail.com if you know of anything. I can do MABL/MSBL too. I’ve worked their World Series in Arizona 2 years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Majordave said:

Headed to Fayetteville now.  No gear made the trip. So no umpiring this time. 

@Majordave , this sounds like a problem. And here I was under the impression and experience that you, sir, are a "Solutions" guy. It sounds like you're letting a problem get in the way.

I'm sure you could call in a favor with MAC (Military Airlift Command, for the un-acronym savvy) and have set of gear parachuted, can-dropped, or choppered in to your "deployment". It might not be your gear, but it would be useable gear.

• Thanks 1