Pitchers Glove

Guest Ron C
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1518 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

11 answers to this question

I admit I haven't seen one yet, but this is where the catch-all "umpire's discretion" comes into play with regards to pitcher's glove colors. I'd have to see it myself during warmups, but there is leeway in the rule for us to have it removed if we deem it a distraction. 

Edit to add: I've Googled some pics of the gloves you're talking about and it seems that many of them have silver metallic as a primary color. This is a no-go with me as it falls in the gray in the gray/white rule. "Coach, let's find him another glove."

I'd need to see one (or an image of one) to offer an opinion. 

Pro rules offer the most leeway, where it would be umpire's discretion about whether the glove was distracting.

NFHS rules also prohibit distracting items (and tend to be stricter about interpreting that), but also prohibit any white or gray on the glove (including laces, lettering, etc.).