kylehutson

First game

Does anybody else just love scraping the snow off their car before heading out for their first game of the season?

304056852_ScreenShot2020-02-12at10_10_49AM.png.1bc9387cefc6ca64e356a6602ea267af.png

Yep. It's about 75 miles away and on the other side of the snow line. Supposed to be 41 and sunny at game time

@kylehutson knows this ... but welcome to the Midwest!  Driving is a part of the game.  We don't get to live our lives in a 20-minute/mile radius.

Up to this year, I traveled regionally quite a bit for work.  I would pick up games as much as two hours away from home, but only because I was there for work.  This year I won't be travelling for work, but my radius will still be about an hour (unless I want to see the same few teams all the time).

We have about a month to go before HS starts here, but speculation is we will be seeing the same weather.  We're supposed to get up to 4 inches of snow today.

22 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

@kylehutson knows this ... but welcome to the Midwest!  Driving is a part of the game.  We don't get to live our lives in a 20-minute/mile radius.

Up to this year, I traveled regionally quite a bit for work.  I would pick up games as much as two hours away from home, but only because I was there for work.  This year I won't be travelling for work, but my radius will still be about an hour (unless I want to see the same few teams all the time).

We have about a month to go before HS starts here, but speculation is we will be seeing the same weather.  We're supposed to get up to 4 inches of snow today.

I utilize my Arbiter account to place travel limits ....and starting last year I limited my travel to 50 miles from work which dramatically helped my commute stress

If I set my limit at 50 miles, that would limit me to 10 high schools and 0 colleges (except the D1 university I work at for my day job)

• Like 1

I am fortunate that I am in a "larger" city centrally seated, so that opens up a little bit.  However, a 50 mile radius for many of my counterparts would be similar to Kyle's situation.  We have entire counties that only have one high school in them.

4 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Does anybody else just love scraping the snow off their car before heading out for their first game of the season?

304056852_ScreenShot2020-02-12at10_10_49AM.png.1bc9387cefc6ca64e356a6602ea267af.png

I hate it, but then I realize it will be in the 70's with nothing but sunshine and I'm ok.

• Like 1

I've driven over 150 miles to go to my kids' Friday night football game - not a playoff, just "a game".

7 hours ago, kylehutson said:

BTW... Forecast was wrong. It was 35, breezy, and occasional snow pellets. :-(

So ... short sleeves or light jacket?

6 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

You misunderstood. I'm from Kansas, not Canada

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kylehutson said:

You misunderstood. I'm from Kansas, not Canada

So ... black or camo?

15 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

I appreciate your misplaced confidence in my heartiness.