First game

kylehutson
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 640 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

@kylehutson knows this ... but welcome to the Midwest!  Driving is a part of the game.  We don't get to live our lives in a 20-minute/mile radius.

Up to this year, I traveled regionally quite a bit for work.  I would pick up games as much as two hours away from home, but only because I was there for work.  This year I won't be travelling for work, but my radius will still be about an hour (unless I want to see the same few teams all the time).

We have about a month to go before HS starts here, but speculation is we will be seeing the same weather.  We're supposed to get up to 4 inches of snow today.

22 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

@kylehutson knows this ... but welcome to the Midwest!  Driving is a part of the game.  We don't get to live our lives in a 20-minute/mile radius.

Up to this year, I traveled regionally quite a bit for work.  I would pick up games as much as two hours away from home, but only because I was there for work.  This year I won't be travelling for work, but my radius will still be about an hour (unless I want to see the same few teams all the time).

We have about a month to go before HS starts here, but speculation is we will be seeing the same weather.  We're supposed to get up to 4 inches of snow today.

I utilize my Arbiter account to place travel limits ....and starting last year I limited my travel to 50 miles from work which dramatically helped my commute stress

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Does anybody else just love scraping the snow off their car before heading out for their first game of the season?

304056852_ScreenShot2020-02-12at10_10_49AM.png.1bc9387cefc6ca64e356a6602ea267af.png

I hate it, but then I realize it will be in the 70's with nothing but sunshine and I'm ok.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, kylehutson said:

I've driven over 150 miles to go to my kids' Friday night football game - not a playoff, just "a game".

I've driven from SoCal to  Cape Cod to umpire, but it was great ball.   I've also driven 300 miles to umpire crappy ball.  A roll of the dice.