Sign in to follow this  
ScubaUmp

Moving to IOWA

Umpiring here in Florida  since 2004 and will be relocating to Walyland, IOWA late April early May this year. I have registered with IHSAA to umpire baseball through state reciprocity. I am looking for contact information for the association responsible for that area.  

Look forward to hearing from everyone, about IOWA  summer baseball. Now I have to figure out what to do the rest of the year, I've been spoiled, we play baseball all year round down here.

Strikes & Outs!!!

Robert Sears

941-468-0573

Check with Jared Chizek form the IHSAA.  He's the lead baseball guy for the state and would be able to point you in the right direction for an assignor.  Also, check into the Iowa City Officials Athletic Association.   They schedule a lot of games down in that area and have a web page listing their schools and contacts.   Best of luck!  

• Thanks 1

While I find stark contrast in your screen name, versus your intended location, I have to say that I don't see much scuba diving in your future.  When I was in the service, one of the guys in my barracks was often wearing a "Ski-Iowa" t shirt.......depicted by a picture of pigs being towed behind a tractor on water skis.

Best of luck.

P.S.  I think @humanbackstop19 is in Iowa

It was similar to this, but said Iowa.   (Sorry Kyle, it was the only one I found)

See the source image

• Haha 2

Wait, you get reciprocity from FL to IA?

We can't get reciprocity and most of us live within 10 mins on either side of the IN/IL border!

9 hours ago, udbrky said:

Wait, you get reciprocity from FL to IA?

We can't get reciprocity and most of us live within 10 mins on either side of the IN/IL border!

I live in Missouri, am registered in Kansas, can't get reciprocity in Missouri, bit I could get reciprocity in Kansas if I was registered in Missouri. Yeah, reciprocity is weird.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:27 AM, Biscuit said:

I live in Missouri, am registered in Kansas, can't get reciprocity in Missouri, bit I could get reciprocity in Kansas if I was registered in Missouri. Yeah, reciprocity is weird.

Then why register in Kansas, other than cost for both states?

IOWA - Idiots Out Wondering Around..

My wife is from Iowa...  :wacko:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yawetag said:

Then why register in Kansas, other than cost for both states?

That's where the assignor assigns. And when I say the assignor, I mean THE assignor for the area. He has 40 high schools (most of the big ones in the metro) and all their middle schools, plus a crap ton of other games if I want to add. Most of the best high schools in the metro are his, and all of the closest schools to me.

I don't really have any reason to pay the extra money to get registered in Missouri right now. If I were to want to get registered in both, I would register in Missouri and then pay the reprocity fee to KS. But, I don't need both, and KS is cheaper to boot.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, ScubaUmp said:

Umpiring here in Florida  since 2004 and will be relocating to Walyland, IOWA late April early May this year. I have registered with IHSAA to umpire baseball through state reciprocity. I am looking for contact information for the association responsible for that area.  

Look forward to hearing from everyone, about IOWA  summer baseball. Now I have to figure out what to do the rest of the year, I've been spoiled, we play baseball all year round down here.

Strikes & Outs!!!

Robert Sears

941-468-0573

Are you being punished?

7 hours ago, JaxRolo said:

And don't forget to tip your cows.

9 hours ago, umpstu said:

And don't forget to tip your cows.

Maybe the farmers should offer a living wage instead.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2020 at 2:52 PM, JaxRolo said:

My wife is too, she regrets ever sharing that acronym

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:31 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

It was similar to this, but said Iowa.   (Sorry Kyle, it was the only one I found)

See the source image

My Dad's family is from Pomeroy/Manson (near Ft Dodge) and he shared that Idiots acronym pretty much as soon as I could understand jokes.