Moving to IOWA

ScubaUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1408 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Umpiring here in Florida  since 2004 and will be relocating to Walyland, IOWA late April early May this year. I have registered with IHSAA to umpire baseball through state reciprocity. I am looking for contact information for the association responsible for that area.  

Look forward to hearing from everyone, about IOWA  summer baseball. Now I have to figure out what to do the rest of the year, I've been spoiled, we play baseball all year round down here.

Strikes & Outs!!!

Robert Sears

941-468-0573

Check with Jared Chizek form the IHSAA.  He's the lead baseball guy for the state and would be able to point you in the right direction for an assignor.  Also, check into the Iowa City Officials Athletic Association.   They schedule a lot of games down in that area and have a web page listing their schools and contacts.   Best of luck!  

• Thanks 1

While I find stark contrast in your screen name, versus your intended location, I have to say that I don't see much scuba diving in your future.  When I was in the service, one of the guys in my barracks was often wearing a "Ski-Iowa" t shirt.......depicted by a picture of pigs being towed behind a tractor on water skis.

Best of luck.

P.S.  I think @humanbackstop19 is in Iowa

It was similar to this, but said Iowa.   (Sorry Kyle, it was the only one I found)

See the source image

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, udbrky said:

Wait, you get reciprocity from FL to IA?

We can't get reciprocity and most of us live within 10 mins on either side of the IN/IL border!

I live in Missouri, am registered in Kansas, can't get reciprocity in Missouri, bit I could get reciprocity in Kansas if I was registered in Missouri. Yeah, reciprocity is weird.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:27 AM, Biscuit said:

I live in Missouri, am registered in Kansas, can't get reciprocity in Missouri, bit I could get reciprocity in Kansas if I was registered in Missouri. Yeah, reciprocity is weird.

Then why register in Kansas, other than cost for both states?

4 hours ago, yawetag said:

Then why register in Kansas, other than cost for both states?

That's where the assignor assigns. And when I say the assignor, I mean THE assignor for the area. He has 40 high schools (most of the big ones in the metro) and all their middle schools, plus a crap ton of other games if I want to add. Most of the best high schools in the metro are his, and all of the closest schools to me.

I don't really have any reason to pay the extra money to get registered in Missouri right now. If I were to want to get registered in both, I would register in Missouri and then pay the reprocity fee to KS. But, I don't need both, and KS is cheaper to boot.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, ScubaUmp said:

Umpiring here in Florida  since 2004 and will be relocating to Walyland, IOWA late April early May this year. I have registered with IHSAA to umpire baseball through state reciprocity. I am looking for contact information for the association responsible for that area.  

Look forward to hearing from everyone, about IOWA  summer baseball. Now I have to figure out what to do the rest of the year, I've been spoiled, we play baseball all year round down here.

Strikes & Outs!!!

Robert Sears

941-468-0573

Are you being punished?

• 3 months later...

I grew up in Iowa but I haven't lived there in over 20 years.  It's rare to see people moving *TO* Iowa.  They usually get an education (best in the country) and then move away because there is nothing but cornfields.  

And yes, I have played baseball on the Field of Dreams.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:52 PM, JaxRolo said:

IOWA - Idiots Out Wondering Around..

My wife is from Iowa...  :wacko:

That would make more sense if you spelled "wandering" correctly, as it is physically impossible to "wonder" around.  

On 2/19/2020 at 5:58 AM, yawetag said:

Maybe the farmers should offer a living wage instead.

What on earth does that mean?  Farmers in Iowa are bonafide millionaires.  I'm not joking, either.  Land is over $10,000 per acre and they have millions stuffed away in the bank.  Iowa feeds the world, and it pays.

On 5/30/2020 at 9:07 AM, maven said:

Thank the dog someone created an account and used all 3 posts to set us straight about Iowa. The pandemic was getting a bit dull.

My dog says you're welcome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:19 AM, mac266 said:

That would make more sense if you spelled "wandering" correctly, as it is physically impossible to "wonder" around.  

I wonder around all the time!

On 2/11/2020 at 10:56 PM, ScubaUmp said:

Strikes & Outs!!!

Robert Sears

941-468-0573

Congrats! You might be one of the only umpires in the country who (wants to and) is umpiring high school baseball this year.