FranklinT

Douglas T-Hook Feedback?

Id like to send my gray Douglas 13 inch CP into Douglas for shoulder gap protection to be added and wanted to check in and get some feedback from guys who have t-hooks on their Douglas CP and if they are happy with them or would go back to the plastic clips.  Figure if Im sending it in i might as well upgrade everything I want to at the same time but wanted to check in with the board to gather recommendations.  Thanks!

I like the t-hooks better on the Douglas. I wish F3 had a t-hook option as I hate their clips.  At least Douglas is smart enough to attach the clip to the harness pad, not flailing around like F3 does.  Sorry, wrong place to rant here about F3 clips.  Douglas clips are fine - but t-hooks are better in my humble opinion. You should get a somewhat better, closer fit with the hooks.

And the gap protection should be on there to start with - especially for their price point. It makes this CP (almost) bulletproof - right up their with a Gold or Platinum, but lower profile.

My two cents, worth it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FranklinT said:

Id like to send my gray Douglas 13 inch CP into Douglas for shoulder gap protection to be added and wanted to check in and get some feedback from guys who have t-hooks on their Douglas CP and if they are happy with them or would go back to the plastic clips.  Figure if Im sending it in i might as well upgrade everything I want to at the same time but wanted to check in with the board to gather recommendations.  Thanks!

Personally, ... I think the t-hooks just makes the CP fit better!  I much prefer the t-hooks over the plastic clips

• Like 1

I have worn a Douglas for approx. 10 years along with an S7. I have never missed the gap protection. But, I would never have a Douglas without the T hooks. Makes all the difference getting it snug enough.  The plates shape better and it doesn't float or move.  Also, upgrade to a F3, UL, or S7 harness. I agree with @wolfe_man at this price point it should come "fully loaded" but I am sure these are almost a distraction for them considering the low volume. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, boyinr said:

I have worn a Douglas for approx. 10 years along with an S7. I have never missed the gap protection. But, I would never have a Douglas without the T hooks. Makes all the difference getting it snug enough.  The plates shape better and it doesn't float or move.  Also, upgrade to a F3, UL, or S7 harness. I agree with @wolfe_man at this price point it should come "fully loaded" but I am sure these are almost a distraction for them considering the low volume. 

Roger's correct here ....... umpire stuff is just a blip on Douglas' radar, but I'm sure glad they're still around!   That said, ... I actually think they'd sell more CPs if they adjusted the price a bit and went w/ a fully loaded model!   OR, ... option it out, .... have 2 versions...... plain, and 'loaded' :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Roger's correct here ....... umpire stuff is just a blip on Douglas' radar, but I'm sure glad they're still around!   That said, ... I actually think they'd sell more CPs if they adjusted the price a bit and went w/ a fully loaded model!   OR, ... option it out, .... have 2 versions...... plain, and 'loaded' :)

Jeff - you should try to convince Jeff@Douglas of this idea.  I would love to see them offer the full package (gap, t-hooks) for $200.  I think they'd sell more units.  Oh, and go back to all black as well.  I just prefer the black to the grey personally.

F3 V3 is a very nice CP that I'm sure will stand up to any level of baseball after having one, but I hate their connections on the side.  And that top plate is enormous and doesn't bend very well.  For $280 I expect the CP to fit me better than anything else out there.  I have heard they'll adjust, but those connections are awkward when you're supposed to wear things tight and I don't want to hope something adjusts to me when I'm spending that much.

If Douglas could up their game just a step more, they'd be the best in my opinion. They might be anyhow.  I haven't really tested All Star System 7 - and I really love my Gold fit and protection, but Douglas blows everyone else out of the water in my opinion.    I love the foam on AA's  but they don't fit me well, I can't stand the Schutt/Adams cheap velcro, Champion's don't fit me right in the shoulders, but Douglas - and Wilson to be fair - fits me best and offer the most protection and comfort (for me).   I just wish Wilson was a bit thinner so I didn't look so large. :2cents:

200.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Jeff - you should try to convince Jeff@Douglas of this idea.  I would love to see them offer the full package (gap, t-hooks) for $200.  I think they'd sell more units.  Oh, and go back to all black as well.  I just prefer the black to the grey personally.

F3 V3 is a very nice CP that I'm sure will stand up to any level of baseball after having one, but I hate their connections on the side.  And that top plate is enormous and doesn't bend very well.  For $280 I expect the CP to fit me better than anything else out there.  I have heard they'll adjust, but those connections are awkward when you're supposed to wear things tight and I don't want to hope something adjusts to me when I'm spending that much.

If Douglas could up their game just a step more, they'd be the best in my opinion. They might be anyhow.  I haven't really tested All Star System 7 - and I really love my Gold fit and protection, but Douglas blows everyone else out of the water in my opinion.    I love the foam on AA's  but they don't fit me well, I can't stand the Schutt/Adams cheap velcro, Champion's don't fit me right in the shoulders, but Douglas - and Wilson to be fair - fits me best and offer the most protection and comfort (for me).   I just wish Wilson was a bit thinner so I didn't look so large. :2cents:

200.gif

I'll see what I can do and run it by Jeff!

• Like 1