+POS, again

kylejt
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1226 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I placed an order with Dan for a couple of shirts two weeks ago. Got the automated response that the order will be processed once payment has been received. Payment went through via my cc the next day.

I emailed Dan over the weekend for status, but no response yet.

I'm really not concerned about the shirts or the money. I'd just like Dan to stay in business because of the family history. I know he's trying. This was more of an exercise to gauge where the company is at, and can I recommend them to others. I think it's really important to have alternatives and competitors in the marketplace. +POS was the boss at one time, then it went to Honig's and now UA.

Still standing by for a response.

Have any of you ordered from them lately?

• Thanks 2

I was considering one. Like you - I try to keep orders small and simple so greater chance of success.  I haven't ordered in a year or so though.

I guess I'm nostalgic also.  I like +POS and prefer their logo and gear over other companies. 

I just don't understand his delay and lack of response issues.

• Like 1

I ordered a mask this Summer.  I texted Dan before placing the order and got nothing....for like a couple weeks.  Follow up text was replied to that day.  Placed my order and the mask was at my door in like 3 days.  I read on here that someone else had suggested this method of correspondence with Dan.  It worked for me.

Hope you have good luck on this order!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kylejt said:

I really, really want this transaction to go through, not because I need some shirts, but because I want to give them a good review.

I still have my fingers crossed.

It’s impossible for you to give a good review - to a person like me who hasn’t used them - at this point. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ousafe said:

...so you can get the free shoe bag that's offered on the website if you give a review?  I thought it was weird that you have to give the review before they ship your order...

Well, I did give a great review of their plate brush, which I mentioned to Dan. We'll see how THAT goes. 

24 minutes ago, LRZ said:

You know the clichéd definition of insanity, right?

I know. And that's why the items ordered weren't a big deal, and I can easily cancel the charge with my cc company if need be.

I just wanted to see where they stood, business wise. I'd like them to succeed, in all honestly, after dealing with Mom for so many years.

I had emailed him in April, with no response for a few weeks... then lo and behold, I got a phone call from him in late May. I had requested 3 ZRO-G frames, but he didn’t have any more bare frames available. So, instead, I settled on 2 ZRO-G masks, which he sent out within a week, and I had them before departing AZ for the summer.

I recently supplied one of them to @Mr Ump because he suddenly (and tragically) is without a mask, and he really digs it, especially in the Charcoal colorway.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

3 weeks delivery makes you happy?  :HS

If this was Amazon, no. But I understand the whole situation, didn't need the stuff in a hurry, and got what I wanted in the end. Kinda like getting something drop shipped from China, but without worrying about some nutty virus. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, boyinr said:

I would love to pick up a Zero-G as a back up for the season if I knew I would get it in time........

If you order a full mask I’d think you’d have it in 3 weeks.   Max said he doesn’t have just the frames in stock now. 

56 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

If you order a full mask I’d think you’d have it in 3 weeks.   Max said he doesn’t have just the frames in stock now. 

Are the stock pads basically the same as All-Star LUC pads as I've read some people say, or do you need to definitely replace them.  I'm very happy with the LUC pads on my FM4000, but I was looking for an extra mask I can just leave in my car and not worry about. Also, do the LUC pads fit well in the ZRO-G?

LUC pads do fit fine as do most other pads.

I personally replace them, but I have used them and know others have as well. I guess it’d depend on your level of ball. I’d lean towards a recommendation to replace.

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, kylejt said:

I placed an order with Dan for a couple of shirts two weeks ago. Got the automated response that the order will be processed once payment has been received. Payment went through via my cc the next day.

I emailed Dan over the weekend for status, but no response yet.

I'm really not concerned about the shirts or the money. I'd just like Dan to stay in business because of the family history. I know he's trying. This was more of an exercise to gauge where the company is at, and can I recommend them to others. I think it's really important to have alternatives and competitors in the marketplace. +POS was the boss at one time, then it went to Honig's and now UA.

Still standing by for a response.

Have any of you ordered from them lately?

I admire you all for continuing to support a brand that just isn't meeting the standard of the competition and it's not even close. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...