All UE members, colleagues and fellow umpires,

It is with a very heavy heart that I relay the news that our friend and brother Grayhawk (Steve) lost his wife Christine on Saturday, January 11th.  I have asked Steve personally if it was ok for me to post this.

Please keep Steve and his entire extended family in your prayers.  I can't even begin to imagine what he's going through, but knowing there are others thinking about him can only help, even if it's just a little bit.

Hold close to the ones you love, and never think that you can say "I love you" too much!

From everyone here at Umpire-Empire.com, @grayhawk ... Our very deepest condolences. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

• Sad 10

I'm so sorry for your loss, Steve. My heart goes out to you and your family.

SO very sorry, and can't comprehend what you're going through.  All my best to you and your family.

So, so sorry to hear about this.  Deepest condolences to Steve and his family.

Thank you all for your messages.  It's been an incredibly difficult time this past week, and we are putting one foot in front of the other as best we can.  Christine's passing was unexpected, though she had been battling illness for many years as a result of radiation treatment for Hodgkins when she was 17.

It truly does make a difference knowing that my family is in your thoughts and prayers.

• Like 10

my deepest condolences Steve, may Christine rest in peace and you find comfort as time passes