The1yankee

Plate Brush-mizuno blk plastic

Havent really seen much talk about the trusty plate brush....

Never was much a fan of the -clear coated wood block with bristles, anyone with opinions care to chime in...

This seems like a perfect fit in back pocket, so it doesn't feel like yur carrying a wood block in yur pocket -like a design from yur classmate in  7th grade shop class

Heres the link- 

Only problem may be price point, this link is--$20.55 free ship--[look around ebay for better PRICE]

was gonna copy & post link i purchased from --$12.55 but refreshed page and.... -SOLD OUT-

This is at least a picture and listing of brush at the $20.55 listing

If u do want this itd be best to order now....as its shipping FROM Japan...so shipping may take 2-3 wks??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-Umpire-For-Brush-Baseball-Softball-Free-Shipping-with-Tracking-New-Japan/202223288189?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%26algo%3DPL.SIMRVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40741%26meid%3Df27ce852ce744a09b18766e5a57bbd00%26pid%3D101103%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D184114412220%26itm%3D202223288189%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2332490&_trksid=p2332490.c101103.m3021

if interested .......go to equipment forum, ....in search click, drop down to 'THIS FORUM' .... then search the 'phrase' plate brush .... I found 145 items!  There's some good stuff there! :nod: 

image.png

• Like 2

I had a partner who tried one of the "wiz bang" plastic handle brushes.  The problem with plastic style brushes is that when pulling them out of , and putting into your ball bag (or pocket if that's the way you roll), is that they create a static charge.  This charge collects dust when cleaning the plate, and deposits it when it rubs against the material when being returned to your ball bag.  You'll get a noticeable amount.  A wooden plate brush will not generate a static charge.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

I had a partner who tried one of the "wiz bang" plastic handle brushes.  The problem with plastic style brushes is that when pulling them out of , and putting into your ball bag (or pocket if that's the way you roll), is that they create a static charge.  This charge collects dust when cleaning the plate, and deposits it when it rubs against the material when being returned to your ball bag.  You'll get a noticeable amount.  A wooden plate brush will not generate a static charge.

Interesting....i wonder if i could spray something on the plastic that will cut down that charge...as i could see....maybe a quik spray of anti-persirant or hairspray?

I use a plastic plate brush with no problems.   They're thinner than the blocks of wood and are easier to handle in my opinion.  One of these days, maybe I'll break down and buy one of the fancy Zett/Mizuno brushes with cases but I can't myself to drop $30+ on a brush.

I've always been a fan of the +POS BB181 Scraper brush...deal at 6.99.....best I've ever had

Product_633771277105820000-1000x1000.jpg

• Like 1

To me, this All Star PB-2 plate brush is the best ever. I was given it by a retire MiLB guy, who forgot how he obtained it. It's similar to the old, gray +POS. It's thin, light, and has soft edges. The new +POS needs to have all the sharp edge filed down to keep from ripping up pants or ball bags, and the bristles need to be trimmed back. 

I've zero luck finding another PB-2. and All Star seems to not know they've ever made these. 

PB2.jpg