Off TOPIC???......

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1525 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

More like off SEASON!

Well,  It would appear as though my upcoming HS season has ended before it started.  I should be back in time to get some Little League in. 

This all started 3 days before I had my knee replaced back in September.  It got better, and has now flared up again.  Can't sleep more than 3 to 4 (medicated) hours a night.  I wake up with pain, burning sensation & numbness in my right arm.  After PT, Xrays & an MRI, they identified 4 compressions in my neck.  Between bone spurs and bulging discs,  the MRI looks like a set of knuckles pressing into the spinal cord.  Spinal injection did no good, so followed up with saw bones this morning.  After discussing and determining that this is eventually going to happen anyway, I set a surgery date of 2/13.  A trim here.........a snip there........fusing 2 separate places and one sexy ass neck brace to wear.

Just think, shortly after 2/13, I'll be able to spend MORE time on here!!  :sarcasm:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back and my sarcasm has never been in better form!!  Doc cut me open, drove his SUV inside, did a few laps, got out and did some work, only to get back into his SUV and spin the wheels on the way out.  Well, that's what it felt like anyway.  Doc was able to "put one disc back in place" and only needed to fuse two levels.  I'm surprised (as is SWMBO (a nurse)) that as many people say how much pain they are in, I haven't had ANY pain since I woke up.  Well, other than a sore throat from poking and prodding around in there.  Who woulda thunk that they go in from the front, to work on your spine???  Anyway, blocked all of HS season, and will unblock to pick up turn backs/rain dates after I am cleared.

neck.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got released to drive today and get back into the gym (well, treadmill & bike anyway)!  Check out my new permanent body jewelry!!  Doc said that given the mask I use (Force3 traditional), that the con-cushion would be overkill.  After a quick conversation with @umpstu and rather lengthy one @MadMax, Max agreed this was overkill as well.  THANKS GUYS!!

Neck2.jpg

Neck3.jpg

34 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Just got released to drive today and get back into the gym (well, treadmill & bike anyway)!  Check out my new permanent body jewelry!!  Doc said that given the mask I use (Force3 traditional), that the con-cushion would be overkill.  After a quick conversation with @umpstu and rather lengthy one @MadMax, Max agreed this was overkill as well.  THANKS GUYS!!

Neck2.jpg

Neck3.jpg

Notice that the conversation with MadMax was a lengthy one.