Sign in to follow this  
kylejt

Smitty Chest protector and HSM

Are these really new, or just got by me somehow?

Hopefully these aren't the "revolutionary" things someone was talking about a couple of weeks ago.

So, if you've seen either, let's get a review.

https://www.refereestore.com/smitty-by-douglas-umpire-chest-protector/?sku=SPE-CP1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInNCBjpnU5gIVsR-tBh3B9QrTEAQYASABEgIyOPD_BwE

https://www.refereestore.com/smitty-hockey-style-shock-suspension-umpire-mask/

Oh, and why doesn't Ump Attire have these in stock? Odd, no?

It’s a Douglas CP rebranded as a smitty and it’s a F3 bucket rebranded as a smitty. Not very new. They did it to try and get the smitty name more out there than it was 

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my next chest protector better have removable, washable pads. Riveting them into the plastic is not going to cut it any longer for me.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 7:33 PM, kylejt said:

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my next chest protector better have removable, washable pads. Riveting them into the plastic is not going to cut it any longer for me.

All Star System 7!  Pads are securely attached with velcro, but come out easily and can be washed in the machine.....Air dry

7 hours ago, humanbackstop19 said:

All Star System 7!  Pads are securely attached with velcro, but come out easily and can be washed in the machine.....Air dry

I've got one, and it's great. I like having a spare set of pads, to switch out between games, if needed. Genius.