Sign in to follow this  
Aging_Arbiter

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

So, after the excitement (and I use that term loosely) of visiting family and exchanging gifts yesterday,  SWMBO and I were driving home and talking about the days activities when (surprisingly) the topic of umpiring came up.   I asked her, do you realize that this is the first time in many years that I have not received anything "umpiring" related for Christmas?

Now, I was laughing pretty hard during the following response, driving, and trying not to spill my coffee.  This may not be word for word, but is provided for your enjoyment at the best of my recollection.

Without missing a beat, without cracking a smile, she retorted with "Please, tell me exactly, what it is that you need. You have either purchased, traded or otherwise refurbished your way to a complete set of F3 gear (mask/CP/Leg guards/Gear Bag). You use your old Jim Evans bag to carry your back up equipment "just in case something breaks" and the back up for some of those as well.  I figured the only thing left is to buy you stock in Ump-Attire , and no, @JimKirk probably won't give you a key of your own'.

................. I had to ask.  Just how long did you practice that response?  Laughter ensued once again when she produced hand written notes from her purse..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

SWMBO seriously needs to consider the, officiating as a second career/side gig/side hustle, option.

She will immediately get to expand her wardrobe collection and the all important shoe collection as gifts from you. You can even compete against each other for fashionista of the year award. I'm betting on SWMBO.

She could do Middle School volleyball, basketball, baseball, softball, or other female and male sports to start with, and move right on up or stay at that level.