(NEW)New Balance V4 base shoes for 2020

The1yankee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1539 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

13 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

You guys do know that Nike already makes wide width shoes... right?

Yah, but Nike's are so narrow that a wide width in one of their shoes is about the same as a normal width in any other brand.

11 hours ago, JSam21 said:

You guys do know that Nike already makes wide width shoes... right?

And the width option in nike shoes is prob available in what...less than 5% of all the Nike shoes available??Just a random guess.....

i saw nike does let u customize some shoe models, since this is a customized shoe, im guessing these are the shoes that are available in varying  widths id also guess...but nike doin widths on majority or all of their shoes...highly unlikely

I guess I need to modernize my thinking ... I’m still of the “must be all black and polishable” mindset.

I won’t get past the all-black (I don’t like white on my everyday shoes either), but are we past the “polishable” requirement?  If so, I know I can find all-black ASICS.  I had considered them before, but I wasn’t sure how they will hold the dirt.

5 hours ago, umpstu said:

How do they do on wet grass?  And so far our Cardinals have done nothing to get better this off season.

I don’t know as I don’t wear them but I’ve seen guys wear more running style shoes on the bases.

As for the Cardinals, I don’t want to sound weird, but the farther I’ve been advancing in my umpire career the less I’ve followed the club. I’ve become more of a fan of the game than a single team. That and I just don’t have any time to watch baseball lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JSam21 said:

I don’t know as I don’t wear them but I’ve seen guys wear more running style shoes on the bases.

As for the Cardinals, I don’t want to sound weird, but the farther I’ve been advancing in my umpire career the less I’ve followed the club. I’ve become more of a fan of the game than a single team. That and I just don’t have any time to watch baseball lol. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  You have to make time for the Card's.

1 hour ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Black shoes, to me, looks too old school. Reminds me of a guy with only a navy blue, heather gray pants, and plain black shoes he bought somewhere. Some white somewhere just always looks better. 

Lmao

N owns an 88' honda accord that he uses, ONLY, as his "umpire driver" vehicle

N keeps all his gear inside it year round....including the blk shoes n just a navy n a pair of combo heathers...lmao

Hes actually in my ohsaa assoc!

I certainly like the "all black" look. Why should I provide a free billboard for somebody else's product?

And I'm on the opposite end with narrow feet, but my everyday shoes are NB, so I'm good either way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I certainly like the "all black" look. Why should I provide a free billboard for somebody else's product?

And I'm on the opposite end with narrow feet, but my everyday shoes are NB, so I'm good either way.

Well you bought the product, so it follows that you’d probably like it and/or recommend it?

Not wanting to provide a billboard must be a really tough rule to follow in all aspects of life. 

1 minute ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Well you bought the product, so it follows that you’d probably like it and/or recommend it?

Maybe. And even if I do, so what? It's not like people off the street come interview me to find out what kind of shoes I wear when I umpire (we do that *here*, where we don't physically see each other anyway). Besides, keeping the whites white and the blacks black is a PITA.

7 minutes ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Not wanting to provide a billboard must be a really tough rule to follow in all aspects of life. 

I won't say it hasn't ever happened, but for things I pay money for, if it has a logo showing, it's likely I got it discounted (or free).

8 hours ago, kylehutson said:

Maybe. And even if I do, so what? It's not like people off the street come interview me to find out what kind of shoes I wear when I umpire (we do that *here*, where we don't physically see each other anyway). Besides, keeping the whites white and the blacks black is a PITA.

I won't say it hasn't ever happened, but for things I pay money for, if it has a logo showing, it's likely I got it discounted (or free).

Come on Kyle ... no need to give them more ammunition for blind jokes ... :P

11 hours ago, kylehutson said:

OTOH, is anyone walking around HS fields taking note of the white N on our shoes and going home to order them? And we don’t get commission from it? 

Unless it’s a company I hate and I’m forced to use it for some reason/already own it, I can’t imagine spending time and energy blacking out logos or buying plain clothing so nothing is visible etc. I hope you don’t play men’s league hockey lol. As if me “being a billboard” matters to anyone. 

2 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I haven't ever blacked anything out. I just buy the all black versions to begin with.

I like the lil bit of white on base shoes, but plate i like blacked out N.....

For some reason tho it seems the N on the v3 have a grey outline around the N...havent seen em in person just pics....n rather have it all black ...

But....i guess its ALL 

R&D figuring how we can make the N more noticeable

I just got a pair of the plates (mids) and they have an all black "N" on the side. 

The odd thing is that I wear an 11 shoe in any make (Nike, NB, Reebok, Adidas, etc.) and I think these are a bit big on my foot.  They said they run true to size, so maybe I just got an odd pair, but they feel a bit long for my foot.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I just got a pair of the plates (mids) and they have an all black "N" on the side. 

The odd thing is that I wear an 11 shoe in any make (Nike, NB, Reebok, Adidas, etc.) and I think these are a bit big on my foot.  They said they run true to size, so maybe I just got an odd pair, but they feel a bit long for my foot.

Good thing u got a bit of time to swap sizes if needed!

• Like 1

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/4040v5-turf/T4040V5-26153-M.html?rrec=true&dwvar_T4040V5-26153-M_color=Black_with_White#color=Black_with_White&width=2E

I actually think im gonna go with these...i think these are fit for

- HS BALL-

AND THEY LOOK BETTER TOO....

NOT SURE ABOUT THE INSIDES OR OUTSIDES OF THE NEW 950s on NB.com...

What do u guys think....tread should be fine in grass just b careful when shoes wet....

On 12/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, The1yankee said:

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/4040v5-turf/T4040V5-26153-M.html?rrec=true&dwvar_T4040V5-26153-M_color=Black_with_White#color=Black_with_White&width=2E

I actually think im gonna go with these...i think these are fit for

- HS BALL-

AND THEY LOOK BETTER TOO....

NOT SURE ABOUT THE INSIDES OR OUTSIDES OF THE NEW 950s on NB.com...

What do u guys think....tread should be fine in grass just b careful when shoes wet....

On 12/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, The1yankee said:

That....n my go$!am size is GONE....

10.5 WIDE....

SO....WHAT TO DO???

DEF LIKE THE BLK N WHITE STYLE BETTER...MORE OF A FLYKNIT TOO...BETTER FOR WARMER WEATHER FOR SURE

image.png.d6d53b1cc837b72476dbed5d9b28ac56.png

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, The1yankee said:

That....n my go$!am size is GONE....

10.5 WIDE....

SO....WHAT TO DO???

DEF LIKE THE BLK N WHITE STYLE BETTER...MORE OF A FLYKNIT TOO...BETTER FOR WARMER WEATHER FOR SURE

Reviews stating that they aren't actually wide.