Published book

Brandon7
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1511 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Thank you to all those who gave their experiences and thoughts on my umpiring book.

It is now available on Kindle. I would appreciate it if you guys at least take a look at the preview, and if you want to, purchase it. Trying to pay for college, and work on new projects. I hope you guys like it, and let me know what you think in the comments. I've posted the link to my book here for you to look at. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082LNKC5R/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=YER+OUTTA+HERE&qid=1576075084&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

Brandon Walker

• Like 3

Sorry Brandon, I am going to have to pass.  The first line in the description says:

I've been yelled at, cussed out, spit on and ridiculed.”

I am a staunch believer in the Oxford comma.  This just won’t do.

Ok, fine ... I will check it out.  

Nope, nope, I’m out again.  How can you mention “chaos on every pitch” and NOT mention a knuckleball?

:cheers:

NOTE: I am serious about the Oxford comma, though.

• Haha 1

If I was grading it, I’d have a lot more to say.  Since I am not, I will say congratulations!  You’ve done something I have always talked about but have never really took steps to do: publish.

As a communications major, work on tightening up your thoughts and staying focused on your message.  Stories and personal anecdotes (written or oral) are wonderful ways to support your message, but make sure the connections are clear.  Find the writing process that works for you in your planning.

Good lessons for rookie and veteran umpires!  For those who have been around, we have heard it all before but it is always good to be reminded.  For those just starting, this will give you a little insight and let you know you are not alone in these crazy experiences.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, The Man in Blue said:

Sorry Brandon, I am going to have to pass.  The first line in the description says:

I've been yelled at, cussed out, spit on and ridiculed.”

I am a staunch believer in the Oxford comma.  This just won’t do.

Ok, fine ... I will check it out.  

Nope, nope, I’m out again.  How can you mention “chaos on every pitch” and NOT mention a knuckleball?

:cheers:

NOTE: I am serious about the Oxford comma, though.

I believe you are referring to what is properly called the Harvard comma. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Thank you to all who've bought my book. Thanks for helping me pay for college. I appreciate y'all, and I'm looking forward to the spring season once again. 

For those of you who want to, the link to my book is found above. Thanks for your support. 

Brandon Walker

• Thanks 2