BigVic69

Double set by pitcher.

Question

The pitcher was in the stretch.

He brought his forward foot toward the rubber an paused his foot motion (resting his weight) while at same time he brought in his hands together at the top of his chest and paused, then he proceeded to draw in his foot closer (he had to shift his weight) and his hands lowered to his belly and came to a stop (the "normal set position")

I said he double set, the umpire said he did not?

Can he double, triple, quadrupel set?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, BigVic69 said:

I said he double set, the umpire said he did not?

That's not a question?

2 hours ago, BigVic69 said:

Can he double, triple, quadrupel set?

No.

If something is moving, then he hasn't come set.

And, of course you're perfectly entitled to disagree with the umpire's judgment. Without video of it, we can't offer a responsible opinion of the ruling.

Ha ha.

I agree,.but a weight shift to a pause, with a "bounce" in body in between woild indicate otherwise.

Move foot stop/pause (weight shift)
Move hands stop/pause.
Resume to secondary positions (foot/hands)

I was telling the manager by simply saying "double set". I only said it twice and only after the pitcher continued into a second batter. the umpire told me that he was not set and i kindly explained to him thay i was talking to my manager and not to him. I appoligozed to him if he thoigh otherwise. I never called time out, nor spoke to field umpire directly.

The manager did not bring it up, but it achieved the result as the pitcher sped up, and made it obvious.

13 minutes ago, BigVic69 said:

Ha ha.

I agree,.but a weight shift to a pause, with a "bounce" in body in between woild indicate otherwise.

Move foot stop/pause (weight shift)
Move hands stop/pause.
Resume to secondary positions (foot/hands)

I was telling the manager by simply saying "double set". I only said it twice and only after the pitcher continued into a second batter. the umpire told me that he was not set and i kindly explained to him thay i was talking to my manager and not to him. I appoligozed to him if he thoigh otherwise. I never called time out, nor spoke to field umpire directly.

The manager did not bring it up, but it achieved the result as the pitcher sped up, and made it obvious.

If he could hear it, you weren't talking to your manager.

Yep.
But it was at that point, when the umpire spoke up and after i explained myself, that i quite.
I brought up the issue "to the manager", the umpire disagreed. The end.
I am not a donkey.

i am sympathetic to a coaches issues during game time. i give them some leeway and i also abide by decisions by the umpiring crew

1 hour ago, catsbackr said:

Just a suggestion, proof read before posting.  Just a suggestion.

Signed,

The Department of Redundancy Department

• Like 1

I always think, does he think I'm not seeing the same thing he's seeing or does he think I'm unaware of the balk rules? It pretty much has to be one or the other. At least you didn't just start yelling "balk"! If you feel like you have information the umpiring crew has to have you you might try asking; did he stop twice?

If we are treated respectfully, the vast majority of umpires will give you a quick explanation of why it's not a balk or call it next time if we missed it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.