2019 MLB World Series Umpire Crew Roster

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1610 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

MLB selected veteran umpire Gary Cederstrom as crew chief for the Nationals-Astros #WorldSeries alongside six additional umpires selected from the Division Series roster this postseason. The Replay Official for the World Series serves in MLBAM's New York-based Replay Operations Center for Games...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't recall, did Alan Porter have more than 1 game?  I know he opened the series on the plate (and had the best overall rating IIRC), but I think the last couple of games, I noticed that he was in replay.  If anyone has info, it would be appreciated, as I didn't get to see every game from start to finish.  I just figured that the all-knowing and Omni-present @Gil might be able to provide some insight.

From @Gil's post:

The Replay Official for the World Series serves in MLBAM's New York-based Replay Operations Center for Games One and Two of the series, before joining the on-field officiating crew for Games Three through Seven of the fall classic. The home plate umpire for Game One of the series correspondingly serves as the Replay Official for Games Three through Seven, having rotated to right field for Game Two.

2019 World Series Umpires (Washington Nationals @ Houston Astros)
HP: Alan Porter `1st WS` (from NLDS-A [STL@ATL]) [Game 1 Plate]
1B: Doug Eddings `1st WS` (from NLDS-B [WAS@LAD]) [Game 2 Plate]
2B: Gary Cederstrom* (from ALDS-A [MIN@NYY]) [Game 3 Plate]
3B: James Hoye `1st WS` (from ALDS-B [TB@HOU]) [Game 4 Plate]
LF: Lance Barksdale `1st WS` (from ALDS-A [MIN@NYY]) [Game 5 Plate]
RF: Sam Holbrook* (from NLDS-A [STL@ATL]) [Game 6 Plate]
Replay: Jim Wolf (from NLDS-A [STL@ATL]) [Game 7 Plate]