Bad throw to the Pitcher after a foul ball

ArchAngel72
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1655 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Pretty sure I know this asking cause it happened.

LL Rules   R1  No outs 

Foul ball directly to the back stop.  Catcher wheels trots back to the back stop picks up the ball and fires this lazy toss that barely reaches the pitchers feet bounces and rolls halfway to 2nd between the mound and 2nd base.

Both F4 and F6 start for it. At that point R1 sees no one covering and takes off of 1B for 2B

* /facepalm  I wrote that all wrong corrected my mistakes .. UGH  thinking one thing and typing another..

8 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, yawetag said:

OK. With the corrected information, R1 would be returned to 1B. Ball is dead on a foul ball until you put it back in play.

Yep

I told runner back to 1st.  said Ball was dead I had not put it back into play. shaking my head a little,  the things LL try to pull.

Then once the pitcher looked at me and the batter was in the box and ready it was "PLAY" and on we went but I was chuckling a little.