Knee Surgery

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1618 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well, Total right knee replacement went well.  Actually, only pain I have had is in my quad, where they had the air tourniquet on it.  So 4 hours post op, I'm on a walker going down the hall. One week post op, I dropped from crutches to a cane.  Only used the cane for one day, be walking with no assistance since Friday.  I will probably get staples out this Thursday at my 2 week follow up.  Hopefully, I will get released to drive again.  The physical therapist wouldn't release me to drive, so I took my lawn tractor and left!

Gone.thumb.jpg.c411096b601df46e8b7646ec40cd3ae3.jpg

• Like 3

no, I just used it to get a :beerbang

This photo was post-op though.  There is a little old lady who lives on our lane that walks her dogs twice a day.  Township isn't keeping grass cut along the road, so I ran down and back (yes on that side of the road) to give her a little path to get out of the way of traffic, should she need it.

Sorry for the digression ... I live just off of a road like that and it concerns me because of the number of almost incidents I have seen from cars coming over top too fast.  Heck, our turn onto that road is just at the bottom of one of the hills.

Of course, it is the road that kids walk/ride bikes/skateboard to get from our neighborhood and a trailer park back behind us in order to get to school.  I’ve seen guys on lawnmowers headed to the bar too ... :D

Anyway ... glad the recovery is going well!

Thanks @stkjock!  All is well so far.  Got staples removed today.  Down to steri-strips and a generally bad attitude about the whole evolution.

Got cleared to drive, but not cleared to return to work (Facility).  I've been working from home this week.   Told my VP what the doc said, and he responds with "I guess you can just keep working from home.....like me"

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo, last Thursday was 3 weeks Post Op.  on Saturday, I did a LL (players moving up to) majors fall ball game on the bases. It was a last minute fill in kind of deal.   It's slow enough, I didn't need to "run".  I'd probably been better off working the plate.   However, my knee has it's own way of telling me that it was my last game for the year.  Kind of like when you hurt something or just start working out........and REALLY feel it the day after.  Well, Sunday was spent rotating elevation/ice packs and anti-inflammatory meds along with short walks in the yard.

Mentalgents!   Gentlemen!  It's OFFICIAL!!   My physical terrorist released me from PT as of 0900 this morning.  Still a little stiff from inflammation and swelling when I over use it, but the new knee is working like a champ! Back to the gym in prep for HS season in 5 months!!  :HD:

• Like 2

HO-LY SHEEP $#!T  ....Just read the Eric Cooper article.:wow2:

https://www.closecallsports.com/2019/10/eric-cooper-dies-at-52-following-heart.html

Here I thought the doctor having me take an aspirin twice a day to help in the "prevention of blood clots" was a little overkill and just a precaution for him to CYA. 

#RIPCoop

• Sad 1

Glad to hear you are clear but yeah that sucks about Mr. Cooper 

lesson for all us other stubborn Sob's  when the doc says take 2 of these to help .. Do it and don't think he's being a nanny, Not saying thats what happened to Mr. Cooper but AA brought up the point. Im just tagging a "!" on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I go in Tuesday for ortho on the right knee.  (Had the left knee done in February).  Sixteen weeks of a leg brace should put be "Code 1" by the Spring season.  Might be a little goofy for the holidays, though!  

See you on the diamond!

Mike

Las Vegas

PS:  Happy Veterans Day to all who have a DD-214!