Umpire with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer can use your help

Mudisfun
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1637 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Friends... one of my good friends, and fellow Little League D62 Staff umpire, former OCBOA and OCSBOA Umpire Jim Burley has been diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. This disease has spread to his lungs and other surrounding tissue. As you can imagine, the projected outcome is not promising. His physicians have projected he has somewhere between 6-12 months at this point. Jim has been umpiring for 25+ years. 

As I am sure you all know, medical costs are through the roof, his wife is having a rough go of it and of course for those of you who know Jim, his daughter has a smattering of her own special needs, which of course cost tons of money.

To get to the meat of this post... especially those of you who are or were involved in Little League... Jim has supported our programs for years. He has donated countless hours of him time to support our kids by being on the field umpiring, training, mentoring... all for free. He needs our help now...

If you can spare anything, please donate to help Jim and his family in their time of need. Anything you can spare is appreciated and will help.

Please share this post with anyone and everyone. I know this is not the purpose of Umpire-Empire, but we call ourselves a Brotherhood, and just like last year when Steve @grayhawk was hurt, we all rallied and rallied and helped as best we could. This brother in blue needs our help now as well.

Thank you in advance for your help, and if you are not in a position to aid financially, please say a prayer for him and his family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jim-burley-assistance-fund

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic