tag

Guest Ray
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1692 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

11 answers to this question

As a general rule.. "You can't call what you don't see." As with most rules, there are exceptions. 

One example would be .....Runner in a rundown, fielder swipes a tag on the runner and for whatever reason I get straight lined and don't see the "contact" of the tag...Runner stops running, fielder stops chasing...I've got a tag and an out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

If a man is in the woods, and there is no woman around to hear what he says.......is he still wrong?

This coming from the guy who always uses SWMBO when referring to his wife?

Rhetorical question, right?

14 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

If a man is in the woods, and there is no woman around to hear what he says.......is he still wrong?

According to TrackMan, the man’s comments were at 60dB and located approximately 6.2 feet out of the heart of the woman’s hearing zone.

*The man is always incorrect.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:18 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

We can be better than this.

1 hour ago, agdz59 said:

Reminds me of the Red Green Show's Possum Lodge Men's Prayer:

"I'm a man, and I can change.  If I have to.  I guess."

This is applicable to umpiring!:

About relationships, wiser words have not been shared:

• Like 2