TW changing chest protector.

Umpire43
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1679 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

14 hours ago, Umpire43 said:

I need to replace the plastic on my WV gold.

Whoa whoa whoooooaaaa... the plastic carapace of the Wilson Gold is what failed you?? :huh2:

<sarcasm> I thought the Wilson Gold was the best chest protector in all of baseball! It’s got the MLB logo on it, so all the MLB guys use it! It’s the only one you’ll ever need! </sarcasm>

Thanks for that. That felt good.

Now, to your question... yes, another Wilson Gold of that same size will allow your awesome TW Retrofit vest to attach. Wilson (still) hasn’t changed the Gold in nearly 20 years. Team Wendy specified that you needed to send your CP in to have the retrofitted pad sized and made; this was not because each one was different, it was because most of us are unspecific and vague in how we relay information to them regarding what size / model we own. So, to make the process as hassle-free as possible (for them), you just needed to send the CP in.

Team Wendy’s guys could have knocked out a retrofit vest with their eyes closed. So yes, on your vest, the Velcro tabs line up with their slots on the carapace plates. Just get another carapace of the same size, and it will fit to it.

• Like 2