Aging_Arbiter

Trade Platinum TW retrofit for Force3?

I'm looking for someone that may be unhappy with their (Version 3 (I think that's the newest one)) Force3 CP and quite possibly be up to trade it for a WV Platinum (with Team Wendy Retrofit padding) & system 7 harness.  I removed the big "cushion" pad at the throat area as there was no need for it.  Please PM if interested.  I had SWMBO take these pictures this morning, so what you see is what you get!   I will be traveling, so there will be a delay in my response.

Front.thumb.jpg.58c333349c175839a3fbacf818243f9b.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.cb3f05d90598399facaf3efa8c356461.jpg

17 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I removed the big "cushion" pad at the throat area as there was no need for it. 

Bless you!!! There is absolutely no need for that stupid billow pad. It was a marketing gimmick at best.

There are now three versions of the Force3 UnEqual CP:

1. V1 – the original, all-neoprene, closed cell foam, and Kevlar construction; molded-shell shoulders; standard webbed-T harness. This one is the best candidate with which to combine to an external carapace shell, such as a Gold, Power, or Douglas to create a @tpatience “FrankenCP”, as @Razzer has too done.
  2. V2 – the upgrade, with an improved neck shape and the inclusion of blast plates at strategic points within the CP, beneath the neoprene, to better protect and distribute energy load to the Kevlar. The standard harness was upgraded to a “NewFlex” harness midway thru the model year.
  3. V3 – Current version, with thicker and larger blast plates inside and a latest-style NewFlex harness equipped.

And your Platinum has the TW retrofit pads??! Instead of the sofa cushion foam jacket??!! Huzzah!!

There was just a V2 on eBay for about $115 shipped!

Side note: the V1 does have some sort of plate in there too. I have one and it has hard, smaller-sized plates all over it.  Very fluid and solid CP!  I just found an old WV Gold.  I'll put the plates on and try the FrankenCP myself.

• Like 2

Fellow Arbiters, thank you for the interest.  I was a bit surprised at the number of responses.  However, seeing that @acpar72 was the first to respond, I am obliged to honor his trade. 

@Thunderheads, please lock it up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tpatience said:

8C5E08C9-268C-4C16-BF2A-F7126A9D0624.jpeg

Interesting. First I've seen of this idea. Can't say it is something that interests me, but it is clever and unique. Thanks!