Sign in to follow this  
The Man in Blue

“Those” rules ... breathing some life into the place

The softball portion of this place appears to have been dormant for some time ... let’s try to bring some life back to it!

After seeing things like Childress’s BRD referenced so often on here, I am actually considering putting together some sort of publication (*a book?*) that covers softball rules.  We’ll see if that ever happens.  :shrug:

This may be research for that project, or it may just be a chance to try to get some activity here ...

What are some of “those rules” that are poorly written/conflicting or “those situations” that don’t seem to be covered in softball rule books?  What have you encountered that just doesn’t make sense?  What mechanics are missing from manuals?  (Please be specific to which code.)

Tie goes to the runner and the hands and the bate being the same thing.  Sorry, I'm just in one of those moods.  I do know all of the local guys who have gone to hs softball from baseball like it better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

The softball portion of this place appears to have been dormant for some time ... let’s try to bring some life back to it!

After seeing things like Childress’s BRD referenced so often on here, I am actually considering putting together some sort of publication (*a book?*) that covers softball rules.  We’ll see if that ever happens.  :shrug:

This may be research for that project, or it may just be a chance to try to get some activity here ...

What are some of “those rules” that are poorly written/conflicting or “those situations” that don’t seem to be covered in softball rule books?  What have you encountered that just doesn’t make sense?  What mechanics are missing from manuals?  (Please be specific to which code.)

Just go here: https://forum.officiating.com/softball/

Dang it Jim, trying to drive some traffic here!  :D

There is a document out there that compares NFHS, NCAA, and USA but it is essentially a pretty dry spreadsheet.

53 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Tie goes to the runner and the hands and the bate being the same thing.  Sorry, I'm just in one of those moods.  I do know all of the local guys who have gone to hs softball from baseball like it better.

I always love countering that one with “No, ties go to the umpire.”  :cheers:

• Like 1