Gil

Injury Scout - Guccione Leaves DH

Chris Guccione left the second game of Wednesday's Rangers-Indians doubleheader in Cleveland after a foul ball off the mask. With two out and one on in the bottom of the 2nd inning, Indians batter Jason Kipnis fouled a 96-mph 0-1 fastball from Rangers pitcher Lance Lynn into Guccione's...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

@Gil

Can you give us a rundown on the MLB umpire concussion injury protocol? If remember correctly they take a few off-season tests to establish a baseline. Then they will be evaluated after a potential concussion and if there is a significant difference between the baseline and the event, they are benched. But what I'm not sure of is there being a minimum number of games you would have to miss at various levels of severity. 

6 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

@Gil

Can you give us a rundown on the MLB umpire concussion injury protocol? If remember correctly they take a few off-season tests to establish a baseline. Then they will be evaluated after a potential concussion and if there is a significant difference between the baseline and the event, they are benched. But what I'm not sure of is there being a minimum number of games you would have to miss at various levels of severity. 

Best i could do on short notice. Hopefully @Gil can update us on current concussion protocol without just using those 2 words all the time, rather than explaining it in detail. You see it, you call it, you explain it.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/new-mlb-concussion-policy-a-hit-with-mds/